Another 'Wander-Bee' project (I just love putting those two collections together!).
For this layout I started with the paper-stitched title; I printed the word out and washi taped it to the 12x12 paper to poke in the holes, then removed the printed word (but keeping it handy for reference!) and stitched with a black embroidery thread. I had originally started with a white but it couldn't really be seen.
I also sprayed some gold shimmer ink onto the background and added some splatters with watered down white gesso.
To back the photo I stamped and embossed the fern stamp from Bee Happy with an off-white embossing powder on to black card stock, then fussy cut around the ferns. I then added the fussy cut flowers from the Wanderlust 12x12 pad. Once I had attached the photo and backing to the layout I added a few more embellishments, as seen; the gold buttons, puffy stickers, sentiment and wooden flower from Bee Happy, and the fussy cut butterflies from Wanderlust.
To finish I drew on some tiny hearts with a black gel pen, dotted on some Dovecraft 3D pearls/enamel effects in black (to tie in the black title), and finished with a few more white gesso splatters.
- Dovecraft Bee Happy 12x12 Paper Pad DCPAP070
- Dovecraft Bee Happy 6x6 Paper Pad DCPAP072
- First Edition Wanderlust 12x12 Paper Pad FEPAD164
- Dovecraft Bee Happy Sentiment Toppers DCTOP048
- Dovecraft Bee Happy Puffy Stickers DCSTK040
- Dovecraft Bee Happy Clear Stamps DCSTP129
- Dovecraft Bee Happy Wooden Shapes DCWDN050
- Dovecraft Bee Happy Gold Buttons DCBTN023
- Dovecraft 3D Pearl Effects, Black DCBS92PD
Black embroidery silk/thread
Gold Shimmer Ink
White/Off-White Embossing Powder