Vellum teasel card

kirsty71 19 Feb 2019 4 Comments
under 60 minutes Blue easy Card Making Nature

This was a bit of a salvage job!! I originally stamped the teasels onto a background I made with acrylic paint but it went blurry and would not dry, so I sprayed it with a sealant and then attached it to a blank card and added a black frame. When I came back to it I still wasn't happy with it so rather than throw it in the bin I decided to stamp and heat emboss the teasels onto some vellum and then attached this over the original, so you could faintly see the colours underneath. I then die cut a frame in blue and added it over the top but you could see some of the original black frame (it nearly went in the bin again!) After taking a few deep breaths I decided to use some washi tape around the edges and this hid the bits of the original black frame. Not one of my best cards but have put it in my box. x

Share & Options

Comment on this post

To submit your own comments and join the conversation please create a free craft blog account.

Register/Login

Gingersgirl

Gingers Girl

Well done for sticking with it Kirsty. It turned out good! I have had many projects that didn't quite go according to plan!

kirsty71

kirsty71

Thank you for your lovely comments, got there in the end! x

chris-ee

chris-ee

Good salvage job. I love teasels is it the woodware stamp

kirsty71

kirsty71

Thank you, yes it is the woodware stamp. x

Inspiration Options

To gain access to the project tools please create an account.

Register

Login

Creator