TC - Hallowen - Village Graveyard Diorama Pop Up Box Card
You will need:
Black Card (200 - 250gms preferably)
Orange Card, White Card & Cream Card
Silver Sparkly Card
Scissors and/or Craft knife
Hot Glue Gun
To construct the card base:
1. From black card cut 2 strips (23 cms × 3.5cms - score both strips at 7.5cms and 21.5 cms).
2. Bend both strips at the score lines. Use the "narrow" end pieces as glue tabs and glue both strips of black card together to form a rectangle.
3. From black card cut 3 more strips (17 cms × 3.5 cms - score all 3 strips at 1.5 cms in from each end)
4. Bend all 3 strips at the score lines to form what will be 3 strips with a "tab" at each end.
5. Glue the 3 strips you've just made evenly into the rectangular piece, by their "tabs". (These become the inside of the box onto which you will glue the elements).
6. Check that the base card will still flatten down comfortably - to allow it to go into an envelope.
(If you've never made a pop up box style card before do check out instructions on Youtube to help you - there are several to choose from).
Now comes the fun bit:
1. Cut acetate into strips and glue each halloween embellishment to them. (One embellishment per acetate strip)
2. Glue the opposite end of each acetate strip to the inside of the rectangular base card.
I mainly hand drew my elements and cut them with a craft knife. This is quite time consuming, but you can use printable clip art images and fussy cut them. Or use die cuts. Or if you have a scan and cut style machine use that.
The main thing is to have fun with your version and to use your imagination.
Just make sure you glue the elements so that they don't sit too high or too far out when the card is flattened, so that it will still fit into the envelope (see uploaded photo of card and envelope).