Constructing this was NOT plain sailing!
I thought I would cut away the whole centre part of the circular rocker card. An experiment really. Well, that was a big mistake because it just kept falling flat.
Okay.... so I imagined that if I could re-secure the top section then balance would be restored. To do that I punched some holes through all the folds at either side then threaded through some string with a couple of beads on it and then tied it tightly at the back..... and guess what?
Yep.... It still fell flat!
Finally, I managed to restore the card's ability to stand up by glueing a centre fold paper hinge to connect the front and back inside the base. Phew!
So, with the card base "all at sea" it seemed a good idea to put something there to sail on it.
A yacht.... Voila!!
Needless to say, I won't be recommending, providing a tutorial, or repeating this particular card.
However I have now learned how it CAN and should have been done.........
... But..... that particular card will have to be for another day. This one will set sail soon to be my youngest Nephew's birthday card for later this month. X
By the way there's a mix of papers on the card:
First Edition Wild Flowers for the sea.
Dovecraft Simply Creative My Guy for one of the sails.
A thin strip of First Edition Grand Plans along the yacht side.