I kept it simple with this layout made directly on the page of my new Kiss and Makeup scrapbook album. I see this album as eventually being full of lots of fun stuff, some pages with traditional layouts and some just with ephemera and stories. I was even brave enough to stamp directly on the page, after all if it goes wrong you can just cover it with another piece of paper, that's the joy of scrapping. Here's the how.
1. Blend green ink around the edge of a 6 x 6 piece of floral patterned paper and adhere the page to the left of the page approximately 1cm from the bottom of the page.
2. Cut a piece of key print paper 8.5cm x 15cm and blend brown ink around the edge before adhering to the page approximately 0.5cm from the top and 1cm in from left edge of the floral paper.
3. Cut a piece of grey floral paper 3c x 4cm. Blend brown ink around the edge of the paper and adhere with the bottom long edge against the top of the green floral paper and 1cm from the left edge.
4. Cut a piece of check patterned paper 6.5cm x 2cm. Blend brown ink around the edge and adhere with the long edge against the right side of the green floral paper and 1.5cm from the bottom of the page.
5. Cut a piece of butterfly patterned paper 5.5cm x 1.5cm. Blend brown ink around the edge and adhere with the long edge against the right side of the green floral paper, leaving a gap of 0.5cm between the check and butterfly paper blocks.
6. Stamp ‘You give me BUTTERFLIES’ in the gap at the top right corner of the page.
7. Adhere your photo at an angle to the approximate centre of the page. Stamp the location on a strip of butterfly patterned paper and trim the edge at an angle. Adhere to the lower left of the page.
8. Die cut the date from green cardstock and adhere vertically to the check patterned block.
SCPAD078 - 6x6 Paper Pad Floral Notes
DCIP09 - Pigment ink pads Brown
DCIP06 - Pigment ink pads Forest Green
FEDIE142 - Die Clocks
DCWDN029 - Dovecraft Wooden Stamps Butterflies
DCVW0050 - Value Wooden stamps Alphabet