In November we filmed an online only hour on Create & Craft USA where hosted a masterclass using the bunting die set. This was the first demo during that show. Don't forget you can view Create & Craft USA shows online at www.createandcraft.com/program-guide.
This banner can be used as a cake topper or for home decor, simply place each stick into a vase filled with fresh or faux flowers and sit atop a picture shelf or fireplace.
The Mr & Mrs banner was used as a sample on set during one of our Create & Craft TV Trimcraft Inspirations shows and uses the Simply Creative Country Garden papers.
- Cut the required number of pennants from patterned card using the larger of the pennant dies in the First Edition nesting bunting die set. I am spelling out the word PARTY which needs ten large pennants, two for each letter. I used the Simply Creative Make A Wish 12x12 papers.
- Cut the required number of pennant shapes from plain coloured paper using the smaller die in the set. I need five this time, one for each letter.
- Die cut your chosen letters for your banner or cake topper using the alphabet dies. I stuck double sided tape onto my card before I ran it through the die cutting machine to make it easier to attach it to the pennants. Attach the letters to the smaller pennants.
- Use foam pads to attach the smaller pennants to the larger pennants.
- Lay string or twine across your workspace and taking the remaining five large pennants fix double sided tape to the underside. Fix the twine onto the tape and top with the pennant with the first letter of your message on, in this case the Continue until you have fixed all of your pennants to the twine.
- Attach the ends of the twine to cake dowels if you are placing them into a cake. If using for home decor you can use knitting needles, paint brushes or even twigs.