There's another brand new and very gorgeous paper collection from First Edition called 'Botanical Notes'.
I couldn't stop looking through it and ohhing and ahhing over all the scrumptious papers, it looks to be another of those very versatile collections that I love so much, so many different patterns, colours and finishes, and a real touch of luxury with the gold foiling too.
Anyway, the first paper that jumped out at me was one of the pearlescent papers, it reminded me of silk, and as soon as I saw it alongside the gold foiled paper and added a touch of black it seemed to give an 'oriental' feel.
So here is my first card made from this collection.
- Take a piece of black card and punch along one edge with a decorative punch, then cut it to measure 5 3/4" square. Add a square of the gold foiled paper from the collection cut to fit as a mat on top of your punched black card leaving a small border (the size will depend on the depth / design of your punched edge) attached using Double sided tape.
- Next cut a square of the pearlescent floral paper from the collection and mat onto a larger panel of black card using double sided tape, again leaving a small even border.
- Take a 6" square card blank and place it in tent fold, so that it opens at the bottom. Stick your first mat (with the punched edge along the bottom) to your card blank. Then add your second mat (with the patterned paper) directly on top and positioned carefully to give an even border.
- From another sheet of the same design pearlescent paper cut out some of the flowers and a butterfly. Turn these over and shape using a ball tool or crease tool, creating a rounded effect on the flowers and shaping the wings of the butterfly.
- Add 3D foam pads to the back of the flowers, just in the centre, (I layered mine with 3 pieces of 3D foam to create more height) then carefully position the cut & shaped flowers on top of the matching flowers on your base card. For the butterfly i added just one layer of 3D foam placing a small piece under each wing and decided to place the butterfly onto a different part of the patterned base paper, so it looked like there were 2 butterflies, one flat and one raised.
- Next add a sentiment of your choice, I used black card and punched along one edge to match the other punched detail on the card. I cut this piece to go across the bottom right corner and die cut the words 'With Love' from the gold foiled paper, using a wet glue to stick the words in place.
- Embellish with little faux gems. I used 3 small pale green gems for the centre of each flower, and 3 gems for the sentiment panel.