I love to have as much of my stash visible as possible and as most of my stamps languished in a drawer this project was perfect for me. I bought a very cheap Father's Day wooden storage caddy in Poundland, which surprisingly was 50p. Once covered in embossed paper from the Black Out pad it makes a handy storage caddy for my stamps. Here's the how.
1. Paint the caddy edges with black paint and about 3cm down from the top edge on all surfaces.
2. Cut two strips of embossed paper the same depth as the box sides and 3cms longer than the width. Using embossed paper gives it a little more resilience, but you could always coat with Deco Mache adhesive varnish for added protection. Cut two strips the same depth and width of the box.
3. Ink the edges of all the strips with black ink. Adhere the longer strips first to opposite sides of the box, wrapping the edges around the corners.
4. Adhere the shorter strips to the remaining sides.
5. Cover the inside of the box sections and fill with your stamp supplies.
FEPAD140 - 12 x 12 Paper Pad Black Out
DCIP01 - Pigment ink pads
DecoArt Black Paint