Halloween is the perfect occasion for cooking up a terrifying treat in the kitchen. Our popcorn brains are frightfully tasty and just messy enough to provide fun for all the family!
You will Need:
- 150g white chocolate
- 150g marshmallows
- 25g unsalted butter
- A few drops of pink food colouring
- 30g sweet popcorn
- 4 tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam
Makes 6 monster brains
How to Make:
1. Line a tray with baking parchment and set aside.
2. Break up the chocolate and place into a non-reactive heatproof bowl along with the marshmallows and butter.
3. Melt the mixture in the microwave, or over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly, until smooth.
4. Add a few drops of pink food colouring, mix through with a spatula for an even colour.
5. Fold in the popcorn.
6. Divide the mixture into six and roughly roll into balls. (Don't worry too much about neat shapes, the more irregular the shape the more convincing the brains will be!) Place each brain onto the prepared tray.
7. Allow to cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, place the jam into a saucepan and gently warm through so it is a smooth, pourable consistency.
9. Place a spoonful of jam onto each brain and let the jam drizzle and ooze down the sides of each brain.
- Forming the brain shapes can be a messy business; oiling the palms of your hands with just a little cooking oil first can help minimise the stickiness.
- For little monsters who aren't so keen on pink food simply swap out the pink food colouring for green to make monster bogeys instead! Omit the jam and add a sprinkle of 100s and 1000s.
We'd love to see your own versions of our Halloween Popcorn Monster Brains, so don't forget to #trimcraft and @elle_jane_ when uploading to social media!