We’re going to be showing you a couple of methods today that will really take your die-cutting to the next level.
Make the process of adhering die-cut shapes to your projects even easier with the Dot & Dab A5 adhesive sheets!
Today, we’re going to show you how to create your very own sticky-backed dies, covered with lots of sparkling glitter, ready to adhere to your makes. Our method is perfect for reversing your die cut images – as you can stick down either side of your adhesive sheet, flipping your design over and adding glitter to the opposite side of the adhesive. Clever!
Want to make adhering delicate die cuts even easier? Another great tip includes applying the adhesive sheet to the back of your cardstock before die cutting. This makes your die-cut into a readymade sticker, ideal for applying straight to your projects!
Read on to find out how…
You will Need:
- Dot and Dab A5 Adhesive Sheets (DDADH011),
- Dovecraft Unicorn Die (DCDIE091),
- First Edition Alphabet Die Set (FEDIE271),
- Paper Addicts Ahoy There 6” x 6” Paper Pad,
- Dovecraft 6” x 6” Card Blank,
- Dovecraft White Card Stock,
- Dovecraft Pink Glitter Card
How to Make:
1. Take one of the Dot and Dab A5 adhesive sheets and die cut the unicorn twice from it.
2. Take 11cm x 6cm piece of white card stock. Carefully remove the backing from one of the unicorn shapes and adhere to the cardstock. Take your second unicorn and peel off the backing from the opposite side of the die cut shape, so that you can adhere your second unicorn to the cardstock facing the first.
3. Peel the top pieces from the unicorns.
4. Sprinkle the adhesive with glitter, gently tapping to remove any excess. Tip: Use a tissue to remove any glitter from the card.
5. Cut a 14cm square piece of backing paper from your Paper Addicts Ahoy There paper pad and adhere to the front of your card blank.
6. Add a 15cm x 5cm strip across the front of the card.
7. Adhere the unicorn topper to the centre of the card.
8. Take your glitter card, adhere a double sided sheet to the back and die cut the words ‘Be a Unicorn’ from it. You’ve now created a set of readymade stickers from your dies! Remove the backing and then adhere these letters to the card to finish.
Why not try with different die cuts? Why love this Dachshund design and this die cutting method is so great
What do you think to this die-cutting method? We’d love to hear if you give this a try, so don’t forget to drop us a comment below, or to post your makes in the Inspiration area!