Welcome the autumn season in style with this floral wreath, perfect for hanging on the front door, on the wall or placing on a picture shelf. The rich tones and natural elements will set the scene for the cooler months.
We’ve used the new V&A papercraft collection to create this wreath. Its beautiful soft colour palette of pinks, greens, and creams, and delicate floral designs are perfect for the season, and will really help to add a beautiful feature to your home.
Read on to find out how to create your own…
You will Need:
- V&A 6” x 6” Paper Pack, Floral Stamp and Die Set, Embossing Folder, Washi Tape Stickers, Adhesive Pearls, Ribbons, Mini Bows, Paper Flowers,
- A natural wreath,
- First Edition Nesting Bloom Dies,
- Dovecraft Textured Cardstock, Brown and Burgundy,
- Ink Pads, Black and Gold,
- WOW Embossing Folder, Gold Pearl,
- Dovecraft Heat Tool,
How to Make:
1. Wrap the embossing folder around a piece of brown card measuring 15cm square. Run through a die cutting machine using the embossing plates. Remove the paper and reposition inside the folder to emboss the remaining paper. As it is a repeat pattern, you can position the already embossed design into the same design further along and run through again. Die cut the largest nesting bloom die from this paper.
2. Emboss a 10cm square of burgundy card stock and cut using the second largest nesting bloom die. Use foam pads to fix this to the brown die cut bloom.
3. Piece a hole at the top of the brown bloom shape and thread the ribbon through the hole. Fix to the wreath using a florist’s wire hook. Cut the smallest nesting bloom die from scrap card and attach washi tape petals and leaves slightly overlapping to build a flower. Place a large pink adhesive pearl in the centre and position on top of the burgundy flower. Add a bow where the ribbon is threaded through the die cut flower. Tie another piece of ribbon around the top of the wreath if you’re going to hang the finished item.
4. Cut eight more of the smallest nesting bloom due shapes and repeat the process of building the flowers using the washi tape petals and leaves. Use the flower shape as a guide, building some with double layers and some single to add variety. Place a large pink adhesive pearl in the centre of each washi flower.
5. Stamp the flower designs onto pink and cream patterned papers from the collection using black ink. You will need two in each colour. Cut the flowers using the matching die in the set.
7. Stamp twice again using gold ink on both patterned papers and add embossing powder on top. Set with a heat tool. Again, cut the flowers using the matching die from the set.
8. Stamp eight leaf shapes in black ink and eight in gold ink, heat embossing the gold ones with gold powder. Place two leaves behind each of the die cut flowers, positioning the leaves in different places so that they all look slightly different.
9. Fix the flowers to the wreath alternating between gold and black ink and cream and pink papers. Allow enough space to place the washi tape flowers in between. If you want the flowers to adhere to the wreath permanently, you can use a glue gun, but if you want to reuse the wreath again and redesign it in the winter or spring, you can use glue dots which will make them easy to remove.
10. Fill in the spaces with glittered paper flowers to finish.
Have you been inspired to use the V&A collection in your home décor? We’d love to see if you create your own, so don’t forget to tag @kathycraftstv and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.