Ever see an item in the shop but wished it was more ‘you’? Today, Kathy is going to show us how to transform a home décor piece with the beautiful Dovecraft Bee Happy collection to give this wall hanging the trendy finish it deserves!
What you Need
Dovecraft Bee Happy 6x6 paper pad, dies, jewels, ribbon
A wooden Hanging Heart
First Edition Nesting Blooms Dies, Flowers Dies
How to Make
1. Choose a range of different 6x6 designs from the Dovecraft Bee Happy paper pad and die cut the flower shapes using the three smallest dies from the Nesting Blooms set. Die cut leaf shapes from the First Edition Flowers dies set. You will need some flowers with three layers and some with two. Also use the Bee Happy bee die and die cut it on to the gold pearlescent paper.
2. Give your petals dimension by manipulating the papers with your fingers or by using a ball tool and foam mat. Run the ball tool all over the paper cuts in a circular motion to shape the petals. Varying the pressure will give you blooms with different shapes.
3. Layer the die cuts with foam pads and top each one with a Bee Happy jewel in the centre.
4. Fix the flowers, leaves and bees to your heart by placing them in a cluster in one area. Start with the largest and add smaller ones around them. Add a single bee die cut to the opposite side.
5. Attach Bee Happy ribbon to the top of the heart and hang in your home for a delightful decoration.
This wall hanging will be sure to bring a warm glow to any wall it’s hung on! The delicate papers really sit beautifully on this heart shape!
What will you upcycle with the Bee Happy collection? We’d love to see so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your makes in the Inspiration area.