If you want to give a loved one a card that will really make them smile on their birthday, we have just the thing! Maxine is going to show you how to use our NEW Dovecraft stamp and Floral Fusion to create a detailed card they will love to display in their home.
What you Need
Two Dovecraft 5x7 Aperture Card Blanks, Flower Pot Clear Stamp, A4 Card Stock, Glitter Glue
Simply Creative Gems
First Edition Floral Fusion 8x8 Paper Pad, Flower Dies
How to Make
1. Take one of the cards and fold the front in half, take the second card, fold the card the opposite way, then fold the front in half.
2. Overlap the two cards and adhere them together with Dovecraft Perma Fix Tape.
3. This is how it looks when the card is closed:
4. Cut two pieces of First Edition Floral Fusion 8x8 paper down to 17.8cm x 6.4cm, place on the front of the card and draw around the aperture, cut out and adhere to the card.
5. Repeat on the underside of the front pieces using a complementing First Edition Floral Fusion paper design
6. Cut a 5x7 piece of card and stamp the Dovecraft Flower pot stamp to the middle as shown. Stamp the sentiment, ‘Happy Birthday’ underneath using the Dovecraft Wooden Alphabet stamps.
7. Colour the image with your preferred medium. Add some of the gems and glitter to the centre of the flowers.
8. Adhere your stamped image to the middle of your card design as shown with Dovecraft Perma Fix Tape.
9. Die cut your First Edition Flower dies onto different sheets of Floral Fusion paper. Layer and adhere to the front of your card with 3D foam pads to add dimension. Cut a butterfly out from a patterned sheet in the pad and adhere to the bottom right of your card design. Add a Simply Creative gem to the centre of each flower.
What a pretty design! Your loved one will be thrilled to open their card to see the bouquet of flowers waiting inside for them.
How will you use Maxine’s lovely card shape design? We’d love to see so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your makes in the Inspiration area.