Our easy tutorial features two cards and a trick or treat bag, perfect for involving your little monsters in some spooktacular crafting fun!
You Will Need:
- Dovecraft 5” x 7” kraft card blank
- Dovecraft 6” x 6” white card blank
- Dovecraft A4 black and kraft cardstock
- Dovecraft Back to Basics True Blue enamel dots
- Dovecraft Alphabet stamp set
- First Edition Die Sets- Tags & Varsity Alphabet
- First Edition 12” x 12” Textured Cardstock
Download Your Free Halloween Printable Papers Here
Halloween Party Invite:
How To Make:
1. Cut a piece of black card to 12cm x 17.2cm and stick to the front of the kraft card blank. Cut the orange and black spotty paper to 16cm x 11.5cm and add on top of the black card.
2. Create a border by cutting a piece of black card to 9.6cm x 13cm and then adding a 12.5cm x 9cm piece of the green spider paper to the centre. Stick the layered card to the centre of the orange and black spotty paper.
3. We have then cut a strip of purple and green striped paper to 11.7cm x 5.7cm and layered it onto a 6.4cm x 12.3cm strip of black card. Add to the middle of the card.
4. Cut out one of the ghosts from the free ghost paper and mount onto 4.3cm x 5.6cm piece of black card and stick to the left of the striped paper at an angle using Dovecraft foam squares.
5. Stamp the words ‘Halloween party invite’ onto a piece of kraft cardstock and cut out the individual words once dry. We tucked the words ‘Halloween’ and ‘Party under the ghost card topper, again using foam pads to add dimension to the card. We then added the word ‘invite’ to the bottom right of the card.
6. To finish, add a large orange enamel dot to the top left of the card and then three smaller dots to the bottom left of the ghost card topper.
Trick or Treat bag:
How To Make:
1. Take a piece of the A4 cardstock score at 1cm, 2cm, 14cm and 15cm. Turn the card and score the bottom at 2cm. Cut along the bottom score lines to the 2cm point and stick the sides together.
2. Cut the black skeleton paper to 11.5cm x 18.5cm paper and stick to the front of the bag to decorate.
3. Cut two 2cm x 25cm strips of paper with black textured cardstock, make points at the ends and stick to the bag to make handles. Add a large orange enamel dot to each side.
4. Using the First Edition Tag die set, die cut the rectangle flower tag with black card. Stamp the words ‘For you’ onto the kraft card stock, cut the words out individually and stick to the tag. Cut the tag down and cut the corners into curves. Feed the tag through some twine and tie to the handle and stick the tag down using foam squares.
How to Make:
1. Cut a piece of black textured card into 14.5m square and distress the edges. Stick to the front of the card blank and cut the green and purple splat paper into a 14.2cm square, again distress the edges and layer on top of the textured cardstock.
2. Cut a 13cm x 12cm piece of textured black card and layer with a piece of the orange ghost paper cut to 12.5cm x 11.5cm, distress the edges and stick to the centre of the textured card stock. Add to the card blank at an angle.
3. Cut the green and purple striped paper to 5.7cm x 11.5cm and cut a fishtail design at one end. Stick to a 12.3cm x 7.5cm distressed piece of black textured cardstock, again with one end cut into a fishtail design. To add detail to the card, we have added three orange enamel dots in varying sizes to the top left corner of the striped paper, sticking them down from largest to smallest.
4. Cut the Dovecraft black card into a 7.9cm square and add a 7.5cm square of the orange and black spotty paper on top. Stick to the centre of the card, 2.2cm from the top of the card blank. With a piece of white textured paper, cut out a ghost shape to fit the spotty paper. Create a face for your friendly ghost by cutting two circles and a smile out of black card and glue to the ghost. We have then added the ghost to the spotty paper using Dovecraft foam squares.
5. With the First Edition Alphabet die set, we have die cut the word “BOO” with textured card stock and glued to the bottom right of the orange ghost paper. To finish, we have added a medium orange enamel dot to the bottom right of the card.
We would love to see your crafty projects which go bump in the night! Remember to share your ghoulish creations on our Inspiration Area to inspire your fellow crafters.