Here at Trimcraft we’ve always had an amazing Design Team of papercrafters who test, review and create wonderful crafty projects with our products.
But over the last few years, our range of products has grown! As well as our papercraft brands First Edition, Dovecraft, Paper Addicts and Simply Creative, we’ve recently welcomed affordable art supplies brand Nova and crochet, kitting and sewing brand Spiin to our family. Plus, there are more on the way in the near future!
This means our product range is bigger than ever before, and growing in all directions! We now make paper pads, cardstock, adhesives, embellishments, papercraft tools, steel cutting dies, stamps, digital dies, planners, stationery, self-adhesive and iron-on vinyl, paints, markers, yarn, sewing supplies, and much more – and we need more amazing creatives to test, review and create with them!
So for 2020 and beyond, we’re looking to build a collaborative team of crafters, makers and creatives from across the UK and Europe who want to try out our products – the Trimcraft Makers!
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for creators with the following skills or interests:
- Card making
- Cricut (and other electronic cutting machines)
- Painting (acrylic, watercolour, gouache)
- Markers (alcohol, watercolour, paint and more)
- Home Décor
We’d need you to:
- Shoot, post and share with us social media worthy – clear, bright and beautiful - images which we can share with our followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and here on The Craft Blog
- Share product reviews on Amazon of the products you have tried
- Upload your projects to the Inspiration Area on The Craft Blog
- Share blog posts featuring the products on your own self-hosted blog – not essential, but an advantage
- Create video content on Youtube and/or Instagram – not essential, but an advantage
- From time to time, we may ask you to send your projects to our head office for us to photograph, but this will be agreed on a case by case basis
Benefits of taking part
We hope you’re already as excited about this as we are – but here’s a few reasons you’ll love being involved…
- You’ll receive free products from our huge range of amazing art and craft supplies
- We match our projects to your skill set – you only test, review and create with the products you are interested in
- You can opt in and out depending on your schedule or personal commitments – and if you can’t do a project, it won’t go against you for next time
- There’s no restrictions on working with other companies
- Access to our private Trimcraft Makers group on Facebook to share what you’re working on and receive support and inspiration from other members of the group
- Sneak peeks and early access to our new releases
While we’ve had a Design Team for many years, this year we’re taking a new and different approach to building it for 2020. Here’s why we’ve made the decision to start a wider team with different skillsets this time around:
Our products can reach a wider audience – with new ranges and products launching all the time, we want to reach new kinds of crafters, artists, makers and creatives who haven’t tried our products before
We can match products to team members’ skills – Because we know what you’re interested in and what products will excite you, we can tailor your PR packages, and we’ll be giving our team members the freedom to opt in and out, so if they know a product isn’t for them, they won’t feel they have to use it
Creatives with more niche and specialist skills can take part – using our old system, it worked in your favour the more skills you had – but we know that amazing makers who specialise in one or two mediums missed out… well no more!
Many more opportunities to join our team – we get to grow a bigger team, with more skills, styles and personalities!
We can split out our new launches so they’re less overwhelming – getting a huge parcel can be nice, but it’s often overwhelming and can even be stressful… where do you start? How much do you make? We want working with us to be fun, not stressful!
Bigger variety in projects, inspiration and content – we want to showcase all kinds of projects and styles to show all the different ways our products can be used, so the more amazing makers who can contribute, the better!
How to apply
Are you up for the challenge? Great!
To apply, we need you to send us an email at [email protected] with the following information:
- Your full name
- The category or categories you specialise in and are interested in receiving products from
- Your 3 best projects you’ve made in the past – we want to be wowed!
- Links to your active social media accounts
- Your location (we’re looking for makers in the UK and Europe)
- Anything else you think is important for us to know when we’re making our decisions
Here’s the answers to a few questions you might have – if we’ve missed any, feel free to leave us a comment below or email us at [email protected]
Can I be on other Design Teams too?
Of course! We’re quite happy for you to review, test, try and recommend products outside our range. There’s room for plenty of companies in the crafting world!
How in-depth do my reviews need to be?
Reviews help people make a decision and any feedback you have is key to informing others’ purchases! We want all our reviews to be honest, and answer questions customers would have about a product, so the more detail you can include in your review, the better. If you have any questions at all about the product, you can always contact us to check before writing your review – we’ll be happy to help!
Do I get to keep the products?
Of course! Anything we send is yours to use and enjoy.
How many projects do you expect me to make?
Every product and every brief will be different! When we contact you about the product(s) and give you the brief, we will outline what we expect, and the timescales we are working to. If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to answer them for you.
What’s in it for me?
As well as getting to be a part of one of the UK’s most prestigious art and craft design teams, you’ll get to try out our new products, and have your work featured across our social media platforms and those of our retail partners.
The Small Print
New Trimcraft Makers will be notified before the end of December 2019. The position will run for a minimum of one year, starting January 2020. This is not a paid position and either side can termination the relationship at any time during the 12 month period by notifying the other party in writing. Sometimes new and confidential products are shared or discussed before general release, so confidentiality is important.