Autumn has officially arrived! As we pack away our tropical decorations, we think it’s about the time we welcome the look of this beautiful season into our homes!
Today, Claire is going to take you step by step to create a stunning leaf garland with a few fallen leaves and the stunning WOW Embossing powders collection!
What you Need
Dovecraft Twine, Ribbon, Embossing Pad, Heat Tool
WOW! Embossing Powders
How to Make
1. Begin by choosing a selection of leaves that aren’t overly dry. Use the Dovecraft Embossing Pad to cover the back of the leaves.
2. Pour your chosen WOW! Embossing powder on to the leave and shake off the excess.
3. Heat the leaf with the Dovecraft Heat Tool until the powder turns metallic. Repeat on the front of the leaf.
4. Take your dry stick and tie lengths of Dovecraft Cotton Ribbon along the top.
5. Next, add lengths of Dovecraft twine in between the cotton ribbon strips.
6. Tie your leaves onto the twine, starting at the top and working your way down.
Now your beautiful garland is ready to hang up in your home! Your loved one’s won’t believe that you made this by hand, the leaves look so magical with their metallic shimmer.
How will you use Claire’s autumnal leaf garland idea? We’d LOVE to see, so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the inspiration area!