We have seen platform card shapes floating around online in the crafting community so we were eager to try out this fab design using the cutest Christmas collection around, Wonderland, designed by Helz Cuppleditch! Read Maxine’s step by step tutorial to see how easy it is to create this 3D look.
You will Need
Dovecraft 6x6 Card Blank
Simply Creative Sentiment Stickers
Helz Cuppleditch Decoupage Pad, 8x8 Paper Pad, Stickers and Pom-Pom Trim
How to Make
1. Place your Dovecraft 6x6 card blank on your desk, with the fold along the top. On the inside of your card blank draw a square 3cms in from the edge on all sides. You can rub this out later.
2. With the fold at the top of the card, cut 3 sides of the square, leaving the bottom section. Score a line along the bottom section of your square, 1cm up from the cut.
3. Cut a piece of Helz Cuppleditch 8x8 paper and adhere it on the opposite side.
4. On the reverse, draw a line 3cms up from the bottom and slightly wider than the flap. This is to put the flap through to hold the card in place
5. Cut a 8cm x 9cm complementing piece of Helz Cuppleditch paper to cover the platform and adhere. Ensure that the paper doesn’t cover the fold you created.
6. Cut two 3cm strips of card to fit behind your decoupage pieces, measure across to 1.5cms, score a vertical line and fold.
7. Adhere to the back of your chosen Helz Cuppleditch decoupage pieces with the fold at the bottom to create a stand. Adhere the other side to the platform.
8. Add Wonderland Pom Pom trim to the inside of the aperture, stickers and a Simply Creative sticker sentiment to finish.
Wow what a sweet card design! The loveable Helz Cuppleditch characters are really bought to life in this snowy 3D design.
What collection will you use when making a platform card? We’d love to see your versions so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area!