As the nights start drawing in, it’s totally okay to start thinking about Christmas decorations. This make is ‘sew’ Christmassy and is the perfect craft to adorn your home with this festive season.
Today, we are going to take you step by step to create a festive Christmas felt garland. We have also designed a template for you to follow to make this festive decoration super easy to make!
You Will Need
Dovecraft Felt in Red, White and Green
Embroidery Thread and Needle
Download your free template here.
How to Make
1. Cut out your garland letters from the free template. Then, place the letter onto a piece of felt and, leaving a 5mm border, cut out the letters in your chosen colours. You will need to cut around each letter twice so that you have a front and back.
2. Using a blanket stitch, sew the front and back of the letters together. Make sure you leave a gap in order to add the filling.
3. Add shape and definition to your garland letters by adding the polyester filling. Once this is done, you can then continue with your blanket stitch to seal the letter.
4. Cut out holly and berry shapes from felt and sew these to your garland letters. You can add as many or as few as you like (we chose to add these to alternate letters).
5. Sew your felt letters onto a length of Christmassy ribbon. You can either do this across two rows like we did, or on one continuous line.
Now your festive garland is ready to hang up in your home!
How will you use this Christmas felt garland idea? We’d LOVE to see, so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.