Looking for a statement card for someone you love? Look no further! For this month’s DT project Sam (aka Mixed Up Craft) has created this incredible Rocking Christmas Nutcracker card that perfectly encapsulates all the fun and joy of the festive season using the bright and cheery Paper Addicts Magical Stories paper pad!
With only a few pieces and steps, this card is suitable for any skill level and it sure to leave a big impression.
You Will Need:
- 12”x12” Paper Addicts Magical Stories Paper Pad
- We R Memory Keepers Score Board
- Dovecraft Heatproof Acetate
- Dot & Dab Foam Tape
How To Make:
1. Using the 15cm diameter red circle, score through the centre 7.5cm, fold and burnish.
2. Cut a 14.5cm diameter circle from pattern paper and cut in half. Attach one half of this to the bottom of your acetate circle.
3. Attach this to the folded red circle to create your card base.
4. Cut a 14cm diameter white circle and cut in half, stick this onto the other half of the patterned paper semi-circle left over from before.
5. Attach this to the back of your card base so you have a place to write your message.
5. Arrange the die-cut images over the acetate, use clear foam tape on the front ones to add dimension.
7. Cut a piece of 6.5cm x 2.5cm card and score at 1cm & 5.5cm. Add tape to the tabs and stick inside the card, this will act as a stopper and stop the card sliding.
Now you have your own completed Magical Stories Rocking Nutcracker Card sure to impress loved ones this festive season.
We absolutely adore this make and the whimsy it brings to cardmaking, it really looks like the nutcrackers are having a great time rocking out to all those fabulous Christmas songs.
A massive thank you to Sam for creating this incredible card. For more amazing creations by Sam check out her blog Mixed Up Craft and follow her on her Instagram and Facebook page!
Will you be giving this Christmas rocking card a try? If so don’t forget to tag us on social media #trimcraft or upload it to the Inspiration Area, we’d love to see!