What you Need
Edition 12 x 12 Textured Cardstock, Nature Die Set (Hobbycraft Exclusive)
creative Alphabet Stamp Set
6x6 Card Blank
How to Make
1. Begin by cutting down a piece of red
First Edition Textured Card Stock to 15cmx15cm. Adhere this to the centre of
your Dovecraft 6x6 Card Blank.
2. Next, layer a 14cm x 14cm piece of
black First Edition Card Stock to the middle of your card.
3. To make the poppies, die cut 6 large
flowers and 3 small flowers from the First Edition Nature dies set. Use a
pencil or a thin tool to add shape and dimension to the petals.
4. Layer each large flower with another large
flower die cut using 3D foam pads, ensuring to stick it down at an angle to add
5. Next, die cut 6 star shaped flowers
from the First Edition Nature Dies set onto black First Edition Textured Card
Stock. Add one to the centre of each flower with 3D foam pads.
6. Die cut the grass strip 3 times from
the First Edition Nature dies set onto green textured card stock. Also cut 3
thin strips of green from green textured card stock to use for the stems.
7. Place the poppies on to your card
design. Once you’re happy with the placement of the flowers, adhere them with
3D foam pads.
8. Place the stems underneath the flowers,
ensuring to cut off any excess card. Once you’re happy with their position,
glue them down.
9. Place the first strip of die cut
grass to the bottom of the black sheet with 3D foam pads. Use another grass
strip to fill the gap on the edge of your card.
10. To add texture, add another layer of
grass. Repeat the step above to fill in the gap with another die cut.
11. Stamp the word ‘Remember’ using the
Simply Creative Alphabet Stickers on a red sheet of First Edition Card Stock. Once dry, cut it
12. Stick your sentiment to the bottom of
your card in the centre, with 3D foam pads to finish.
This pretty project will
be wonderful to share with your family and friends this Remembrance day.
We would love to see your poppy
crafts for this important date in the project gallery. If you’re uploading to
social media, make sure to #Trimcraft.