With a little felt, glue and our printable template, your kids will be on their way to creating the cutest Christmas sack. Read on to find out how easy it is to make!
Print your Free Christmas Sack Design Here
What you Need
A Sack (We ordered ours from Amazon)
How to Make
1. Start by printing off your free template and cutting out each element. The main body of the penguin will need to be cut out of Dovecraft Felt before you cut out the middle section of the penguin on the template.
2. Take each piece of the penguin design and cut it around your chosen piece of Dovecraft Felt. Stick each piece together following the design on the template using a strong adhesive.
3. Finish your penguin felt design and leave it to the side to dry.
4. Next, cut a strip of Dovecraft white felt ensuring it is long enough to fit the bottom of your sack. Cut a wavy line along the top to create the look of snow. If one piece of felt isn’t long enough, cut another piece. Glue this along the bottom of your sack.
5. Glue your penguin on top of the snow, placing it over the gap between the two pieces of felt (if used).
6. Next, cut around the present template on to a colourful piece of Dovecraft felt.
7. Cut out the ribbon in an alternative colour to make the present really pop! Glue the ribbon to your felt present.
8. Cut out a variety of presents using different coloured sheets of Dovecraft felt. Before gluing the presents to your sack, experiment with your placement.
9. Once you’re happy with your design, adhere the presents to your sack with glue, ensuring to spread out the presents to cover the sack.
This adorable template could be used multiple times to make a family of penguins (awh!) The kids will have so much fun personalising their own sack and it’s so easy to put together.
You could also use this free template to upcycle a jumper this Christmas. Find out how we designed our own Christmas jumpers here:
We would love to see your pretty, penguin sacks so remember to upload them to the inspiration area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media!
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.