What you Need
Dovecraft Enamel Effects Glue, Glitter Glue
Simply Creative Gems
First Edition Dinosaur Dies Set, Space Dies, Textured Card Stock, Brush Set
How to Make
1. Begin by making sure your glass jar is clean and dry. Using the nylon brush in your First Edition brush set, begin to paint your chosen Dovecraft Enamel Effects glue in even brush strokes on your jar.
2. Leave to dry and paint on another coat of Dovecraft Enamel Effects to intensify the colour. Once this layer is dry, paint a coat of your chosen Dovecraft Glitter Glue across your entire jar. Add a thick line of glitter glue under the ridge at the top of your jar to add more sparkle!
3. Whilst you wait for your jar to dry, die cut the First Edition Dinosaur Dies and stars from the First Edition Space die set onto a black sheet of card from your First Edition Textured card stock.
4. Using Dovecraft Perma Fix tape, adhere the dinosaur and star die cuts to the jar at alternative angles- the choice is in the kids’ crafty hands!
5. If you would like to make your jar sparkle more, you could add Simply Creative gems inside your glitter line to add interest.
Add fairy lights inside your jar and there you have it! This fab light up jar decorated with the toughest dinosaurs will scare any monsters away at night and will look brilliant in the kids room!
You can use this step by step tutorial for different themed jars like this pretty in pink jar decorated with the First Edition Princess dies for those little ones that love a happily ever after.
What Enamel Effects glues and First Edition dies will you use on your light up silhouette jar? We would love to see what you and the kids craft so remember to upload them to the Inspiration Area and to tag us in your wonderful makes by using #Trimcraft on social media.