With Father’s Day not long away (16th June!), we thought we’d show you how to create your very own Father’s Day-themed wallet that you can fill with vouchers to be redeemed. This would make a really thoughtful handmade gift and it’s really easy to create yourself from cardstock and the wonderful Perfect Allusion papers from First Edition.
We’ve created a free printable for you full of vouchers that you can cut out and stash inside your wallet. Including vouchers and thoughtful reminders, this printable is the perfect way to show your dad that you care!
Download your free printable here
Read on as Angel shows you how to create your own wallet using the wonderful First Edition Perfect Allusion paper pad which really lends itself to this make!
You Will Need
Dovecraft 5” x 7” Kraft Card
Perfect Allusion 6” x 6” Paper Pad
Your Free Printable
How to Make
1. Cut the 5” x 7” Kraft card in half so there are two cards measuring 5” x 3.5”. One of these will be the base of your wallet.
2. Take 2 sheets of 6 x 6 Perfect Allusions paper for the outside of your paper wallet. Trim 2 rectangles of 4.75” x 3.25” to go on the front and back of your wallet leaving a gap around the edge.
3. Repeat this step with another patterned paper, this will be the lining inside of the wallet.
4. Use the We R Memory Keepers corner punch to round the corners of the wallet base and the 4 extra rectangle pieces.
5. Stick these patterned pieces on the outside and inside of the wallet base using Perma-Fix tape leaving a small gap around the edge.
TIP: Draw a black dashed line around the edge of the wallet in the gap to give the look of stiches.
6. Pick another piece of contrasting paper from the Perfect Allusion pad. This will be the bigger pocket of your wallet. Cut two rectangles from it measuring 4.5” x 2.5”.
7. Pick another piece of contrasting paper from the pad. This will be the smaller pocket of your wallet. Cut two rectangles 4” x 2.25”.
8. Use the We R Memory Keepers corner punch to round the corners of the remaining rectangles.
9. Cut the top left or right corner of the rectangles created in steps 6 & 7. (Which corner you cut depends on which side of the wallet it is for).
10. Use Perma-Fix tape along the bottom and sides of these rectangles and stick to the wallet creating pockets starting with the largest first. (Don’t forget to leave the top of the pocket Perma-Fix free so you can put your vouchers in!)
11. Mat and layer a piece of Perfect Allusion paper with a piece of brown kraft card (from the other half of the card that you discarded earlier) and adhere this to one side of your wallet. Add a button to it so that it looks like the wallet fastening.
12. Heat emboss, if you like, your Dad’s initials on the front of the wallet for a more personal touch!
13. Cut out the vouchers from your free printable.
14. Add the vouchers to the inside of your wallet.
Now you’re done! This would make the perfect gift for Father’s Day
Will you be making this Father’s Day wallet? We’d LOVE to see so don’t forget to share your projects in the Inspiration area and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media!