Capture your baby’s first year in month-by-month with these adorable DIY Baby Milestone Cards. Simply create this set of twelve cards, one for each month, and take a photo of your baby together with each card as they grow. Not only will you be able to see how your baby has changed from image to image, you’ll be left with a selection of photographs to help you celebrate all of your baby’s special milestones!
We created these with the super cute Hey Baby collection from First Edition and whether you’re an expectant mum-to-be or you’re making these as a gift for a loved one, this is a really special craft project that you’ll have so much fun creating.
We've also created a template for the handy box that you can store your full set of cards in. Download it here!
Read on to find out how Maxine created these charming milestone cards…
You will Need
First Edition 12” x 12” Hey Baby Paper Pad, Decoupage Pad,
First Edition Alphabet Die set (FEDUE050), Nesting Star Die Set (FEDIE137X16),
We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board,
Adhesives including Foam Tape and Foam Squares,
How to Make
1. Cut twelve 18 x 12cm pieces of paper from the beautiful Hey Baby paper pad, one for each month. Round the corners of each.
2. Using the We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board, cut out the numbers for each month from a selection of the Hey Baby papers.
3. Die cut the largest star from the First Edition nesting die set and adhere it to one of the twelve cards with foam tape.
4. Take some of the balloons from the adorable Hey Baby Decoupage Pad and adhere them to the top of the card, slipping the end underneath the star. Add some layers of the decoupage balloons to add further dimension.
5. Using foam pads, adhere the numbers that you cut using your We R Memory Keepers Punch Board. Add some of the smaller decoupage elements around the numbers to add some extra detail.
6. Die cut the letters using the First Edition Alphabet dies to spell ‘Months Old’ and adhere these letters to the bottom of the card.
7. Repeat in a variety of styles to create your full set of milestone cards. You can experiment with different colour and paper combinations, as well as with different elements from the paper pack and decoupage pad.
Don't forget, once you've created your cards, you can download your free template in order to create the box to store your cards in!
Will you be creating your own Baby Milestone Cards? We’d love to see so don’t forget to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your die cutting crafts in the Inspiration area!