If you like to add texture to your papercraft projects, then embossing folders are the tool for you! For use with your die-cutting machine, they are perfect for adding detail and design to your handmade cards – but how else can you use embossing folders in your handcrafted projects? We’ve rounded up three innovative ways to put your embossing folder to work, read on to find out what Maxine created with the wonderful We R Memory Keepers embossing folders…
Today, we thought we’d go back to basics and create a classic clay trinket bowl… but with a twist! This is such an easy make, using air dry clay and imprinting it with the eye-catching patterns of the We R Memory Keepers embossing folders, to create an adorable little bowl that will look perfect sat on your dressing table or desk.
You will Need
Air Drying Clay
We R Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folder - Woven
A Bowl (We used a fairly large cereal bowl),
First Edition Foil Glue, First Edition Gold Foil,
1. Roll out a piece of clay, larger than your chosen bowl.
2. Sandwich the piece of clay between the embossing folder and press it into the clay.
3. Use a rolling pin to add even, firm pressure.
4. Carefully remove from the folder.
5. Place your bowl over the clay and cut around the edge of the bowl.
6. Take your circle of clay and carefully mould it around the bottom of the bowl until you’re happy with the shape. Leave it here until fully dry.
7. Once your bowl is dry, apply First Edition Foil Glue around the rim of the bowl. Leave it to dry until it becomes tacky, and then apply the gold foil.
Your trinket dish is now complete! You can decorate yours how you like, but we really like the chic gold foil detail that we added to ours.
Adding detail and dimension to a piece of gold mirror card and wrap it around an old, clean tin to create a stylish pen holder that will look great on any desk!
Add detail to your projects with an embossed design. Gold mirror card lends itself perfectly to the First Edition Botanical Beauty paper pad, matching the gold foiled designs from the papers. Why not cut your embossed card into shapes and layer them with die cuts or fussy cut shapes from the paper pad?
What do you think about these embossing folder crafts? Will you be trying any of these makes? We’d love to see if you do, so don’t forget to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area!