On the look for crafty ideas for Father’s day? This page is the place to be! We are giving you all a free paper download that will be perfect for adorning cards and DIY projects! If this paper download wasn’t cool enough, the collection ALSO features a selection of sentiments to add a personal touch!
Download your free Father's day papers here.
Today, Maxine is going to show you how to make this little sign that you can hang on your dad’s favourite beer or to display on his desk!
You Will Need
First Edition Torn Edge Nesting Die Set
Dovecraft Dies Sets- Bicycle and Nesting Stars, Twine
First Edition Black Card Stock
How to Make
1. Adhere your chosen paper design from the free download to the cardboard. Die cut the cardboard with the largest die in the First Edition Nesting Dies Set.
2. Cut a complementing paper design from the free download down to 10.7 cm square. Adhere to the die cut with Dovecraft Perma Fix Tape. Take a 2.5cm x 9cm piece of paper, tear along the two long edges, adhere down the centre of the die cut.
3. Tear along the two long edges of a 6cm x 12cm piece of paper and a 2.5 x 11.5cm piece of paper, both from your free paper download. Layer the two together and stick down horizontally, across the centre of the die cut.
4. Cut out the Best Dad topper, adhere to the centre with 3D foam tape.
5. Die cut the cog from the Dovecraft bicycle die set 3 times on to First Edition Textured black card stock. Adhere the cogs to the bottom right corner, with 3D foam pads. Add the 3 circles vertically, on the left hand side of the sentiment, with 3D foam pads.
6. Die cut one of the designs from the Dovecraft Nesting Stars die set on to your chosen paper from the free download and adhere to the right side of the sentiment. Finish by punching two holes on the top left hand and right hand corner.Thread through a length of Dovecraft Twine. Tie two knots to secure.
What an adorable sign! A perfect addition to your thoughtful Father’s day gift. You could also make a tag design and use different die cuts to create a celebratory look!
You could also whip together an eye catching card design by die cutting your chosen dies on to the free paper download and layering them together on your card blank.
How will you use this fab Father’s day paper download? We would love to see so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your makes in the inspiration area.