We have featured three cardmaking tutorials using the new
Dovecraft Serendipity collection but these craft ideas will also work well with
your left over paper scraps!
What You Will Need
First Edition Flower, Tags and Alphabet – Varsity Die Sets
Dovecraft white & kraft 5” x 7” card blank, Dovecraft A4
White and Kraft card
Dovecraft Serendipity 8” x 8” paper pack, sequins, sentiment
topper, lace ribbon
Santoro’s Willow Jute Twine
Me to You Tiny Tatty Teddy Pearls
DecoArt Media Acrylic Mister – Purple, Violet, Turquoise and
Die- Cut Flower Card
How to Make
1. Trim a piece of white card to 11cm x 16cm, arrange the
dies on the card randomly and cut them out to leave a window. You will have to
put the card through twice if you are using the same dies.
Tip: save your cut outs for the stencilled card project.
2. Using the Serendipity paper pad choose a multi patterned
paper and trim to 10.5cm x 15.5cm, stick the die cut flower card on top.
3. Cut a piece of the striped floral paper to 12cm x 17cm
and stick to your card blank, stick the die cut flower rectangle on top.
4. Finish with a sentiment topper in the bottom right hand
Gift Wrapped Card
How to Make
1. Take a white 5”x 7” card blank and measure 9cms down the
spine, punch a small hole just big enough to pass twine through.
2. Cover the front of the card blank with the Dovecraft
Serendipity blue floral paper cut to 12.5 cm x 18cm.
3. Thread some jute twine through the hole you made and then
wrap the twine around the front of the card like you were wrapping a present.
Die cut a tag from kraft card and attach to the twine before finishing with a
bow. Stick the tag onto the card using foam squares, add a trimmed down
sentiment topper on top at an angle.
4. Die cut 9 to 12 flowers in various sizes, layer 3 or 4
blossoms to create three flowers. Glue the flowers onto the card around the top
of the bow.
Tip: Place a die cut blossom into your cupped palm and
gently press the flower to create dimension.
5. Add a cluster of sequins into the centre of each flower
for a bit of sparkle.
Stencilled Flower Card
How to Make
1. Trim 3.5cm from the front length of your 5” x 7” kraft
card to create a stepped front.
2. Cut a piece of patchwork paper to 8.5cm x 17.5cm; place
the die cut flowers you saved from the first card tutorial onto the paper, on a
covered work surface
3. Spritz over the flowers with the DecoArt Acrylic Misters
and allow to dry.
Tip: We lightly taped our flowers to our paper using washi
tape on the underside, to stop them moving.
4. Remove the spritzed flowers from the paper. With foam
squares, add the four larger flowers to the top of their matching stencilled
shape, gently bend the petals up. To decorate, add pearls to the centre of each
5. Add a strip of lace ribbon to the exposed back panel of
your card, die cut the words ‘With Love’ and stick next to the lace ribbon to
These are just 3 ways to use the flower dies, how would you
use them on your craft projects? We love to see your creations so don’t forget
to upload and share your die cut creations in the project gallery.