Give your gift wrap a unique twist this Mother’s Day with these fabulous First Edition Paper Flowers sentiment Ribbons, see how we made them with our step-by-step guide
What You Will Need
First Edition 8x8 Paper Flowers Pad
Dovecraft Perma-Fix Double Sided Tape -3mm
How to Make
1. Download your free craft template and cut your chosen First Edition Paper Flowers paper to the exact size of the free template. The template is the correct size for the paper ribbons pictured so you will not have to make any adjustments.
2. Use a craft knife to cut out the text by overlaying the template on top of your paper, remember to leave the base uncut to create the dimensional effect of the text. Lightly bend the text so they stand up.
3. Join the paper ribbon edges together to make a circle using Dovecraft Perma-Fix Double Sided Tape to secure them in place. Layer your ribbons in place in order of smallest to largest.
4. To create a bow shape at the base of your paper ribbon, cut paper to the same length of the ribbon template, glue the ends to make a circle, fold in half to create a long thin bow.
5. Join your bow to the body of your topper by cutting a strip of paper approximately 6x2cm long and fold it over the centre of the bow and the bottom of the circle, again secure in place with double sided tape.
6. Our free template gives you the option of making multiple paper ribbons so you create a variety of paper swirls with the other text designs, as pictured.
We think these Paper Swirls will really impress your mum this Mother’s Day. Why don’t you tell us what your mum thought when you upload and share your Mother’s Day creations to our project gallery.