With Mother’s Day just around the corner, how about using your latest Trimcraft stash to make this stunning fancy fold card?
DL size cards are definitely on trend at the moment and they are easy to make. You just need to take a sheet of A4 cardstock and fold in half then cut to 21cm in length – easy!
Bearing this in mind Shabneez decided to make her own DL card using the Dovecraft Premium Bright Cardstock. Now this cardstock isn’t a heavy weight at 180gsm but as this card has a fancy fold, and the fact that the addition of the First Edition papers are a very good weight, it works perfectly!
You Will Need:
Dovecraft A4 Premium Card Pack Brights – deep pink, deep purple and navy blue used - Shop on Amazon
Trimcraft Mother’s Day 2020 Free Download Sentiment Sheet - Download here
First Edition Bloom & Wonder Paper Pad - Shop on Amazon
Dovecraft A4 Glitter Card – Classic – rose gold used - Shop on Amazon
First Edition Digital Dies – Sentiments - Shop on Amazon
First Edition Digital Dies – Alphabet & Numbers - Shop on Amazon
First Edition Digital Dies - Shapes - Shop on Amazon
Dovecraft Ultimate Craft Glue - Shop on Amazon
Cricut Maker - Shop on Amazon
How To Make
1. Take a dark purple sheet of cardstock and fold in half, burnish then cut away the excess in length so the card is 9.9cm x 21cm.
2. Next make a mark 9cm from the top right corner towards the top left corner. Make another mark 4.5cm from the bottom left of the card towards the top left. Join these 2 marks to create a triangle and fold. Take the centre of the fold and fold inwards so you have a triangle missing on the left hand side of the top of the card which becomes a pop up mechanism inside the card.
3. It is easier to decorate the inside of the card first so cut 2 strips of paper 4cm x 21cm and stick one along the top of the card and the other along the bottom, leaving ½ cm gap from the edge.
4. From the Trimcraft Free Mother’s Day 2020 paper download print the sheet onto thin card then fussy cut the Mother’s Day Sentiment, yellow flower, red flower, pink flower, Heart and Leaf.
5. Stick the heart and the pink flower on the bottom right of the card, overlapping the two pieces.
6. On the left triangle stick the yellow and red flowers with the leaf behind and the Mother’s Day Sentiment on the top so that when you open the card the sentiment pops out.
7. To decorate the front of your card you need to cut a strip of pink paper 7cm x 21cm from the Bloom & Wonder pad, another strip of printed paper from the same pad measuring 6cm x 21cm and finally a strip of navy cardstock measuring 1cm x 21cm from the Dovecraft Bright Cardstock pack.
8. Stick the pink paper strip ½ cm from the bottom of the card, stick the floral cardstock on top in the middle and finish by sticking the blue strip 1cm from the bottom of the pink strip. Trim the end so it is at an angle with the rest of the card.
9. Use your electronic cutting machine and the First Edition Digital Dies to cut the letters MUM from rose gold glitter card which are 2.5cm in height, With Love Sentiment from rose gold glitter card which is 8cm x 3.5cm, three 5cm Pink Hearts and three 4cm Blue Hearts.
10. Stick the smaller hearts on to the bigger heart and then the letter on top of that.
11. Stick the hearts on to the angled side of the card.
12. Add Blue cardstock behind the With Love sentiment and stick 1cm from the right of the card on the blue strip.
This is a card any special mum is sure to love this Mother's Day! Why not change it up by choosing different colours or patterns for your version?
We hope you enjoyed this tutorial and learned something new - for more of Shabneez's wonderful papercrafts and tutorials, check out her social media and blog via the links below!
Visit Shabneez's Blog: http://happyhijaabi.blogspot.co.uk
Shabneez on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009006541207
Shabneez on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/simplyshabneez/
Shabneez Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/simplyshabneez