Flowers are such a great gift to give for any occasion. Think about it… graduations, birthdays, christenings, anniversaries, there are usually flowers present. It can be super expensive too buy large arrangements that come in lovely boxes but we’ve found a better way make this! (Happiness is handmade after all!)
Today we’re sharing our fabulous summer-inspired flower gift bag just in time for Mother’s Day! It’s the perfect way to dress up your floral arrangements and give them an extra special touch with a personalised embellishment on the front. All you’ll need is some paper, ribbon and a little time to create this amazing project.
Let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- First Edition 12”x12” Chasing Rainbows Paper Pad (FEPAD206)
- Dovecraft Perma-Fix Tape 12mm (DCBS43)
- Our Free Template (Download it here)
- Dovecraft Sweet Moments Ribbon (DCRBB022)
- Scalloped Scissors (DCSC13)
- Sentiment Tag (Click here to find out how to make your own sentiment tag)
How to Make:
1. The first step is to print out the free template. This contains the general shape and measurements that you will need.
2. Draw and cut this shape out of three of your favourite designs from the Frist Edition 12”x12” paper pad. This will form the bulk of your gift bag.
TIP: Cut across the top and bottom of the template using the same scalloped edge to allow the stems to fall through preventing soggy paper.
3. Across the top of the gift bag segments, use a hole punch to create small holes where the handles will go.
4. Attach the 3 sides together by that tabs using the Dovecraft Perma-Fix tape as shown below.
5. Measure out 3 x 30cm pieces of ribbon. These will form your three handles.
6. Attach these to the gift bag using the holes previously made. This will give you three handles as there are three sides.
7. Attach a tag/sentiment to one side of the gift bag and you’re done! Simply put your flowers inside and you’ll have a beautiful gift perfect sure to impress this Mother’s Day!
TIP: Cut a sentiment out of the tags page in the First Edition 12”x12” Chasing Rainbows paper pad if you’re not confident enough to create your own tag. If you would like to create your own personalised tag, why not follow our latest tutorial – How to create your own personalised tag.
Will you be giving this flower gift bag a try? We’d LOVE to see if you do, so don’t forget to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.