Getting your home ready for Easter? Have a go at making your own bunting with our fun tutorial. This make is sure to help you to have a Hoppy Easter and you can string it up around your home to add a pop of colour – best of all, this bunting is really quick to make!
Christine is going to be taking you through this cute make using the dreamy Hey Baby papers from First Edition. For more than just baby-themed crafts, these pastel colours are perfect for all things spring.
This make is really simple, so it’s perfect for kids, and we’ve even provided a free template to make creating this bunting even easier. You can make your bunting as long as you’d like – simply create as many bunnies as you need!
Download your free template here
You will Need
First Edition Hey Baby 12” x 12” Paper Pad
Mini White Pom Poms
Dovecraft Mini Pegs
1. Print out your free template and cut around the shapes. Draw around the bunny template onto one of the adorable Hey Baby papers and cut this shape out.
2. Cut out four circles from a variety of Hey Baby papers using the circle from your free template as a guide.
3. Fold each of the four circles in half.
4. Adhere the bottom of two folded circles together by the folded edges to create a semi-circular shape and adhere these to one half of the bunny’s body.
5. Repeat with the remaining two circles and adhere these to the other half of the rabbit’s body.
6. Add a pom pom in between the top two semi-circles. This not only creates the bunny’s tail but also acts as a ‘stopper’ to prop the two folded sides open.
7. Repeat the above steps to create more bunnies for your bunting. You can create as many as you’d like to fill your length of twine! Using the coordinating Hey Baby papers, you can have fun mixing and matching designs to create different colour combinations!
8. Using mini pegs, attach your bunny shapes to the twine. Your bunting is now complete and ready to hang in your home to add a touch of spring!
Will you be making your own adorable bunny bunting? We would love to see if you do, so make sure that you share your projects in the Inspiration area and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media.
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.