This dual purpose card is great for any occasion; it is both a card & a gift box that features two inner shelves to add your favourite treats, now who wouldn’t love that!
What You Will Need
Dovecraft More or Less Value Paper Pack
Dovecraft Butterfly & Happy Birthday Stamp
First Edition Flower & Nesting Stamp Dies
Dovecraft Ribbon & Gems
Dovecraft White Card Stock
Dovecraft A4 Acetate Sheets
How to Make
1. Use a piece of the Dovecraft white card stock, cut a 12cm x 27.5cm strip. Score at 12.2cm and 15.3cm. This makes the card shape.
2. Use the More or Less backing papers to decorate the inside of the card blank, by cutting pieces to fit each side.
3. Cut two 9.5cm x 17cm pieces of white card, score at 3cm and 14cm. turn the cardstock and score at 3cm and 6.5cm. Cut on the score lines to the 3cm point. This makes the two boxes for the card. Decorate using the More or Less papers on three sides of the box. Adhere the boxes to the inside of the card as shown.
4. Adhere a piece of 20cm ribbon to the front and back of the card, ensuring it’s long enough to tie a bow.
5. Cut the pieces of More or less backing papers to decorate the outside of the card, the front and back will be 11.5x11.5cm and the spine will be3 x 11.5cm
6. Die-cut a piece of backing paper using the nesting die set and adhere to the front of the card.
7. Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of paper, cut a v at one end to create a flag effect. Adhere to the centre of the card.
8. Stamp the butterfly stamp onto a piece of the backing paper, cut out and adhere to the card.
9. Die cut some flowers and adhere to the right corner of the card. Add a gem to the centre of the flower.
10. Take the piece of acetate and cut two pieces 11cm x 18.5cm, score at 4cm and 6.5cm turn and score at 4cm and 14.5cm. Cut along the side score lines to the 4cm point. Adhere the sides cutting off the extra acetate from the sides. This makes the lid to fit inside of the boxes.
We love this sweet gift box, add your message sentiment to the inside flap and it can be used as both a card and a gift box, show us your sweet treat gift boxes in the projects gallery & come back next month for another papercraft master class.