Add a touch of summer fun to your projects this month with our free Trimcraft Summer Carnival papers! These wonderful papers feature a range of fabulous patterns, sentiments and summer carnival tokens in an incredible rainbow of colours – sure to inspire plenty of fun filled days ahead!
Today we’re going to share with you how we’ve created this cute photo booth shaker card and inspire you with a summer scrapbook layout!
Download Your Free Summer Carnival Papers Here!
You Will Need:
- Your FREE summer carnival paper download
- Silver Sequins (Ours were from Dovecraft’s Let It Snow)
- First Edition Frame Dies (FEDIE211)
- First Edition Space Dies (FEDIE046)
- Dovecraft A4 Glitter Card Gold (DCGC03)
- Dovecraft Essentials - A5 Pastels Premium Crafters Glitter Card Value Pack (DCGC101)
- Dovecraft A4 Glitter Card Pink (DCGC09)
- Dovecraft Perma Fix Double Sided Tape (6mm) (DCBS42)
- Dot & Dab White Foam Tape (DDADH023)
- Dovecraft 5”x7” Card Blank
- Clear Acetate
How To Make:
Let’s prep! Cutting out all of the pieces and getting things ready makes crafting just a little easier!
1. Cut out a 5” x 7” rectangle from the blue to yellow gradient portion of the rainbow paper.
2. Cut out a 5” x 7” rectangle from the star patterned paper.
3. Cut out the “Let’s Celebrate” sentiment from the sentiments page.
4. Using your star dies from the First Edition Space Dies, cut out 4 stars from the Dovecraft gold glitter card and 2 stars from the Dovecraft pink glitter card.
5. Cut a 5” x 2” piece of clear acetate. This will be the window for your shaker card.
6. Die cut a photo frame from the First Edition Frame Dies out of the pastel blue coloured card in the Dovecraft Essentials - A5 Pastels Premium Crafters Glitter Card Value Pack.
Time to assemble! This is the fun bit…
6. Start by sticking your 5” x 7” rectangle with stars onto your 5” x 7” card blank.
7. Cut a rectangle, slightly smaller than the photo frame die, out of the blue to yellow gradient paper. Attach the blue glitter frame to the front of the card to frame the cut out rectangle.
8. Attach the acetate to the back of this gradient paper and attach foam tape around the window and card to create a dam to keep your sequins in.
9. Pour a small handful of silver sequins into the dam and attach this to the card blank.
10. Finish by attaching your sentiment and glitter stars to the front of the card as shown below.
Now you have your very own photo booth shaker card. It might take a little extra time but we think the results a really fun and sure to impress! Why not mix it up by including your own photo booth pictures in the shaker window for a personal touch?
If you’re looking for something a little easier, why not try this adorable memories card? Simply swap out the photo for one of your own!
Or if cards aren’t your thing, why not try using our Free Summer Carnival papers for a scrapbook layout? The possibilities are endless!
What will you be making with our Free Summer Carnival Papers? We would love to see what you create, so don’t forget to upload your makes to the Inspiration area and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media!