Summer party season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a Summer Cup and Strawberry Jellies dessert?! This dessert is a celebration of everything that's great about the English summertime and the perfect accompaniment for BBQ's and Wimbledon watching!
You will need:
- 300ml Summer Cup
- 500ml Lemonade
- 12g vege-gel
- 300g strawberries
- Juice of 1 orange
- 6 glass tumblers
- Mint and extra berries to decorate.
How To Make:
1. Chop the strawberries into small pieces reserving a couple of whole ones for decoration.
2. Place the strawberries into a measuring jug along with the orange juice and use a stick blender to puree.
3. Pass the strawberry puree through a fine sieve and set aside.
4. Place 200ml of lemonade into a medium saucepan.
5. Whisk in the vege-gel, place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
6. Once boiling carefully whisk in the summer cup and strawberry puree.
7. Remove from the heat and add the remaining lemonade.
8. Pour the jellies into glass tumblers.
9. Allow the jellies to cool completely before transferring to the fridge to chill for at least a couple of hours, ideally overnight.
10. When ready to serve remove from the fridge and decorate with a few summer berries and mint leaves.
- Vege-gel sets at a high temperature, around 80°C so pour the jellies into the glasses quickly so the jelly doesn't set up in the saucepan
- However, if this does happen the jelly can be gently reheated over a low heat until it returns to a pouring consistency.
- Can be made a couple of days in advance and stored in the fridge until needed.
A huge thank you to Elle Townsend for this lovely recipe! If you’re interested in seeing any of her other lovely makes then check out her instagram feed where she regularly posts the most incredible food!
Will you be making Elle’s sweet summer cup jellies? We’d LOVE to see if you give these a try, so don’t forget to #Trimcraft and tag @elle_jane_ when uploading to social media, and to share your yummy makes in the Inspiration area.