Present your Dad with this super easy pop out card for Father’s Day! Using the Dovecraft Lost & Found collection (which has proved itself to be perfect for this make) we created this card in no time at all. We’re a huge fan of the pop-out, dimensional element of this particular card and what’s perfect about this is that you can customise it to whichever occasion you’d like using the handy We R Memory Keepers Alphabet Punch Board. We’re thinking ‘Yay’ teamed with the fun First Edition Let’s Celebrate papers, or ‘Mum’ paired with some adorable floral designs (perhaps Simply Creative Floral Luxe).
We’ve created a step-by-step tutorial to show you how to make your own, just in time for Father’s Day.
You will Need
Dovecraft 6” x 6” Coloured Card Blank
Lost & Found 12” x 12” Paper Pack, Gems, Puffy Stickers, Accordion Stickers
We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board
How to Make
1.Fold the card blank around so that the colour is on the inside. Score down the centre of the front of the card blank and fold it back on its self as shown below.
2. Take a piece of 12” x 12” paper from the Dovecraft Lost & Found collection and cut it to 13cm wide. Fold it in half lengthways and then in half again. Draw a 4cm wide rectangle from the centre fold to the second fold and cut this out.
3. Take your strip of paper and put adhesive on the left and right-hand sections up to the score line. Adhere this to your card blank as shown below.
4. Cut two 2 x 8cm strips from one of the Lost & Found papers, trimming one end at an angle to create a point. Adhere to the left card and add an accordion sticker to the top for decoration.
5. Using the We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board, cut out the letters to spell ‘DAD’. Score the ‘A’ in half.
6. Adhere these letters to the rectangle aperture.
7. Mat and layer two strips of contrasting papers, measuring 5cm x 13cm and 3cm x 13cm. Adhere these to the right hand side of the card and add a puffy sticker for detail.
8. Finish the card by adding gems and then fold out the front section of the card to create a pop-out effect.
Your card will fit in a 6” x 6” card blank to be posted!
Will you be creating your own pop out cards? You can customise these however you’d like. We’d love to see if you give this a go, so don’t forget to upload your versions to the Inspiration area and #Trimcraft when sharing to social media! Happy crafting!