Giving a loved one something handmade is always so special. It lets them know you really care and the best bit is you can make it personal. We know it can be difficult to come up with ideas sometimes and it can be frustrating when you need a little extra something to finish your card but you don’t know what.
That’s why we created 3 simple gem topper designs, ideal for those moments when you need a creative helping hand. Just download our free template, grab your gems and get crafty!
Download your free template here
What you will need:
- Simply Creative Rainbow Gems 3mm
- Simply Creative Rainbow Gems 6mm
- Simply Creative Rainbow Pearls 3mm
- Simply Creative Rainbow Pearls 6mm
- Simply Creative White Pearls 6mm
- Simply Creative White Pearls 10mm
How to make:
1. Download and print out your free template. For a stronger topper, print the template onto cardstock.
2. Cut out the toppers. (It’s best to do this before you stick the gems on as it can be quite difficult to cut around the gems, trust us… we know)
3. Start sticking the gems and pearls onto your designs following the colours on the template.
TIP: Start with the biggest gems and use the smaller ones to fill in any blank spaces.
4. Once you’ve finished sticking down your gems, you’re done! Use these fun toppers in any way you would like.
We put our rainbow topper on a sheet of First Edition Let’s Celebrate Paper to create this wonderful framed art, perfect for a kid’s room!
Why not try adding a topper to a card? Here we have used our ice-cream alongside one of our Dovecraft sentiment stamps to create a lovely bright card for a birthday.
You could even add the monstera leaf topper to a simple Kraft bag for an 'on trend' gift bag.
You could even make your own, the possibilities are endless! Will you be creating your own gem toppers? We’d love to see you versions of these gem toppers, so don’t forget to upload your versions to the Inspiration area and #Trimcraft when sharing to social media! Most importantly, stay inspired and keep crafting!