This is a fun and easy Shadow Box card design. Made from three pieces of card, it will fold down to fit nicely into an envelope.
I’ve used the First Edition Scalloped Circle dies to create the apertures in this card, but this design will work with any nesting die shapes. It can be decorated with either fussy cut elements from the papers or die cut elements, or a mixture of both. A different sentiment can be used to suit any occasion too!
You will Need:
Botanical Beauty 6” x 6” Paper Pad (FEPAD187)
Dovecraft Toucan Die (DCDIE129)
First Edition Tropical Dies (FEDIE235)
First Edition Scalloped Circle Dies (FEDIE071)
Dovecraft Glitter Cardstock in Black, Red, Emerald, Teal, White
Simply Creative Adhesive Heart Gems (SCDOT096)
Sweet Moments Stamps & Dies Set (DCDIE140)
Adhesives: Perma-Fix Tape, Glue, 3D Foam squares
How to Make:
1. Cut three pieces of white cardstock, two measuring 200mm x 148mm, and the third measuring 180mm x 148mm.
2. Take the two slightly longer pieces of cardstock, and with the long edge across the score board, score down at 25mm and 175mm on both pieces. These will form the front and the back of the shadow box. On the slightly smaller piece of white cardstock, score down at 15mm and 165mm. This will form the centre of the shadow box.
3. Cut three pieces of the beautiful Botanical Beauty Pattern paper to approx. 140mm square. We selected the toucan print, geometric gold foil pattern, and the zebra print.
4. Adhere the gold pattern square to the centre of the front panel, the zebra print square to the middle of the smaller centre panel, and the toucan print to the centre of the back panel.
5. Position the largest of the scalloped circle dies into the middle of the front panel (gold paper), secure with low tack tape or washi tape and die cut. Position the second-largest of the scalloped circle dies into the middle of the centre panel (zebra paper) and die cut.
6. Begin to assemble your shadow box as follows: Fold upward both score lines on the back, toucan print panel, and fold downwards both score lines on the centre panel (featuring the zebra paper). Apply adhesive to the scored strips either side of the centre panel and place this inside close to the fold/score line of the back panel and press firmly.
7. Tale the front panel and fold both side strips downwards, applying adhesive to the inside strip panels. Adhere this to the outside of the back panel side strips – it will slip into place as the back panel strip will rest against the front. Press down and slightly to the left to check that the card folds down okay.
8. Cut 2 strips of pattern paper approx. 20mm x 140mm and adhere to side panels to decorate them. Now your basic shadow box is constructed, have fun decorating it!
9. Using black Ink stamp the Banner stamp onto white card, stamp the ‘With Love’ sentiment from the Sweet Moments collection inside the banner, then die cut using the matching banner die. Adhere sentiment across the centre of the back panel.
10. Fussy cut butterflies from the patterned paper inside the Botanical Beauty pad and die cut leaves from two different colours of glitter card. Adhere these around the front and centre panels of the card, allowing them to overhang into the apertures. Fussy cut some of the red flowers from the papers are adhere amongst the leaves.
11. Cut the toucan die from black white and red glitter card. Paper piecing the coloured sections into the black base, use adhesive tape on the back to hold them in place.
12. Adhere toucan to bottom right of the front panel. Die cut the mandala motif die from red glitter card, adhere to white card and cut out, glue to top left of card front, add an adhesive red heart to the centre.
12. To finish, add 3 small red adhesive hearts down top right and along bottom left on card front.
Will you be creating your own Shadow Box card? We hope that this post has inspired you, and if you do create your own, don’t forget to show us. You can upload your makes to the Inspiration area, or share them on social media using #Trimcraft