Decoupage papers are great for a multitude of projects, from upcycling old items to creating DIY home décor items. There’s so much you can make and do with these papers and today we’re showing you some super quick makes that you can try for yourself!
Aside from the usual uses for decoupage papers, there’s so much to do with these versatile sheets that you might not think of at first! So today, we’re showing you how to make some super cool gift bags, pretty paper flowers, and we’re also taking a dip into the rock decorating trend!
Read on to get some new crafty ideas!
Decoupage Gift Bags
You will Need
Simply Creative Decoupage Papers,
Dovecraft White Cardstock, Coloured Cardstock,
Dovecraft Die (Happy Birthday Tag),
How to Make:
1. Select your decoupage paper. We opted for this super fun llama design from Simply Creative! Cut your paper to 19cm x 28cm. Score your paper at 8cm, 9.5cm, 11cm, 20cm, 21.5cm and 25cm.
2. Fold your paper and adhere, making the sides into valley folds as shown.
3. Fold the bag at 1.5cm up from the bottom. Fold this section inwards and adhere, as shown.
4.From coloured cardstock, die cut the Dovecraft Happy Birthday tag. Select a contrasting shade of coloured cardstock and back the tag die cut onto it.
5. Cut around the contrasting card stock.
6. Add coloured twine to your tag, if you like.
7. Fold over the top of the bag, securing the top and tag in place with a mini peg. You could also use washi tape or stickers to seal the bag.
For a different take on the painted rocks trend, why not use Deco Mache papers to decorate a clean pebble and leave it out in your community for someone to find!
Pretty Paper Flowers
First Edition’s Deco Mache papers are so pretty and look wonderful transformed into these paper flowers! To create these, we began by folding a strip of Deco Mache paper in half. We then cut slits into this strip of paper at even intervals, before rolling the paper around itself.
Adhere to a cane to add to your plants as a support or make a bouquet to fill a vase!
Will you be trying these decoupage paper crafts? We’d really love to see if you give this a go, so don’t forget to upload your versions to the Inspiration area and #Trimcraft when sharing to social media! Happy crafting!