Festival season is back, hurray! From neon clothes to glittery faces, flower head bands have become a super popular accessory to wear. (What’s not to love about wearing colourful flowers?!)
When you’re listening to your favourite band and the sun is shining, you want to look as vibrant as you feel on the inside so Maxine is going to show you how to use our free template to make this stunning head band with a few crafty materials, in time for your next festival!
Download your Free Festival Flower Headband Here
What you Need
Dovecraft Foam, Heat Tool, Pokey Tool, Glitter Card
First Edition Flower Die Set
How to Make
1. Begin by printing and cutting out your free template. Cut out 4 of each petal size on to pieces of Dovecraft Foam, using a different shades of pink foam for each size to create an ombre effect. This is for the larger flower. You will only need to use the two smaller sizes for the smaller flowers. Cut a small line where shown on your printable.
2. Heat each petal with the Dovecraft Heat Tool. TIP - This only takes a couple of seconds take care and do not heat for too long. Use the pokey tool to hold the petal so that you do not burn your fingers.
3. Remove the heat and gently pull and twist the end of the petal to create texture and movement.
4. Repeat the same technique with the leaves.
5. Cut a small square of foam, adhere the four larger petals to the edge of the square with Dovecraft Clear Glue. Build the flower up by adding smaller petals. Adhere the leaves to the back of the flower.
6. Keep it neat by adhering the end of each petal and leaf by over lapping the ends. Die cut the smallest flower from the First Edition Flower die set onto a piece of Dovecraft gold glitter card and adhering with glue to the centre of your layered flower.
7. Repeat this tutorial with the smaller flowers and adhere your finished flowers to your head band with extra strong glue.
How pretty is this accessory? Your friends and family will be asking where you’ve bought it! This stunning head band is so easy to create and will be ready to be showcased at your summer festival.
You could also adapt this tutorial to fit other projects, you could create smaller flowers to upcycle bags, hats and can be used to decorate your home!
How will you use our free festival flower head band template? We’d love to see so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your makes in the Inspiration area!
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.