Ever feel unsure on how to use your First Edition dies in different ways? Maxine has come to your rescue by giving you three ideas that you can use for card making and DIY makes.
For June, we are looking at the decorative First Edition Flower dies and we think you’ll love these inventive crafts. Read Maxine’s tutorial to find out how to create this elegant wind chime!
What you Need
First Edition Flower die set
Dovecraft Acetate, Twine
Fiskars hole punch
How to Make
1. Cut your wooden rod down to 16cm in length. Wrap a length of Dovecraft Twine around each end to ensure it is secure to hang.
2. Die cut the leaf from the First Edition Flower Dies set, 3 times on to a piece of Dovecraft Acetate.
3. Use the Fiskars punch to make a hole in each stem.
4. Attach a piece of thread to the leaf, using the hole you have just made, then secure to the wooden rod.
5. Add the other two leaves to your rod, making each one slightly shorter to create variation.
We love the detail in these dies so you know you won’t need to add any embellishments to your wind chime as the pattern embedded into the acetate will really stand out!
Alternatively you could make a pretty tag by die cutting a sheet of paper and placing the die cut sheet on to a contrasting paper design. Cut in to a tag shape, stamp your sentiment and away you go!
You could also use the leaf die to create detailed butterfly wings! Once you’ve created the rest of the butterfly, you could add sequins to make it sparkle! The colourful Simply Creative Sugar rush paper pad adds a wonderful charm to this craft.
How will you use the First Edition Flower dies? We’d love to see so don’t forget to upload your makes to the inspiration area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media.