Print your Free Watermelon Card Template Here
What you Need
Free Printable Template
Dovecraft A4 White Card, Happy Birthday Stamp, Alphabet Stamp Set, Ribbon
First Edition Textured Card Stock
How to Make
1. Print out your free template and begin by cutting out the circle shape on your printable. Draw around your circle template onto an A4 sheet of Dovecraft white card. Cut two pieces of Dovecraft red, polka dot ribbon and glue each length to the top and bottom of your circle.
2. Underneath the circle template on your printable, cut out the semi circle template with the score lines. Next, draw around it onto a piece of green First Edition Textured card and cut out.
3. With a pencil, mark along the straight edge of your card where you will need to score following the guideline on your printable. With a craft knife, vertically score down the card following the marks you made. With your scored lines, create a concertina fold and leave this to the side.
4. Cut out the large semi circle shape from your printable and draw around it four times onto a sheet of green, First Edition Textured card stock. Cut out your watermelon shapes and glue two pieces to the front of your circular card, ensuring to leave a gap in the middle. Add the last two shapes to the back of your card.
5. Cut a 1.3cm x 15cm rectangle from the green, First Edition Textured paper pad. Adhere it with glue to the inside of your circle card, in the middle.
6. Use the large semi circle template to draw around on to a sheet of red, First Edition Textured card. Cut approximately 1cm off from around the edge of your semicircle to allow space for the green border. Once ready, adhere it to the front of the card.
7. On your printable, you will find a smaller semi circle template. Cut it out, draw around it onto a piece of red, First Edition Textured Card. Cut this out and adhere it to the centre of your semi circle concertina fold. Glue your watermelon concertina fold to the rectangular strip in the inside of your card.
8. Next, cut out the selection of black hearts from your template . Draw around these onto black, First Edition Textured card and cut out. To create the pips, cut the hearts in half and adhere them to your red card along the top curve.
9. Stamp the Dovecraft ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment onto a piece of Dovecraft white card. Cut out and adhere it with 3D foam pads to the front of your card, toward the bottom.
10. Repeat step 8 to create the appearance of a watermelon on your concertina fold. Create the ‘ You’re One in a Melon’ sentiment using the Dovecraft Alphabet Stamp set on a piece of Dovecraft white card. Cut out the words separately and glue to the centre of your watermelon on the concertina fold.
We’ve have used the Happy Birthday sentiment but you could use this design for a variety of occasions; it will certainly surprise a loved one when they untie the card to see what is hidden inside!
We’d love to see your watermelon cards so remember to upload them to the inspiration area and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media.
Looking for another free template? On Tuesday we showed you how to use our two silhouette designs alongside the colourful Dovecraft Enamel Effects glues! Check it out here.