Our Father’s Day tool box gift box is the ideal token present for DIY enthusiasts who love tinkering in the tool shed.
What You Will Need
First Edition Premium Textured Cardstock 12” x 12”
Dovecraft Permafix 3mm Tape
Dovecraft Back To Basics Monochrome Twine
How to Make
1. Download your free tool box gift box template and print. With your chosen First Edition Premium Textured Cardstock paper, cut and score the templates following the score guide. Flip the template to create the side of your box of your box. The template is the correct size for the gift boxes pictured so you will not have to make any adjustments.
2. With your two paper tool box cut outs, join the tool box bases together using Dovecraft Permafix 3mm tape to secure them in place. Stick the inner folds to the side panels, again with double sided tape. Do not stick the tool box lids down as you want to fill your gift box with treats!
3. To create the front pocket, cut out the rectangle shape featured on the toolbox template with another piece of textured paper. Cut out four small circles and stick one to each corner of the paper pocket to make the bolts for the tool box. We have used a lighter grey textured paper to create this effect. Stick the paper rectangle to the front of your tool box, using doubled sided tape on the sides and bottom of the pocket to keep in place.
4. Use the tool templates to create some props for the front pocket of your tool box. We have used red and navy textured paper for the tool handles.
5. To finish, we have cut out the sentiment tags and stuck them to coordinating coloured paper and cut to size. Join your tool box lid and handle together and feed some monochrome twine through the toolbox handle with the tag. Create a bow with the twine to finish.
These tool box gift boxes are perfect to make for Father's day from kids or grown-ups! We would love to see what you make for Father’s Day in the project gallery.