Lazy summer days require simple recipes, so for this month's baking feature, Elle has creates an incredible no-bake recipe and a refreshing twist on the classic strawberry cheesecake!
You Will Need:
- 250g strawberries (plus a few extra for decoration)
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 x 397g can of condensed milk
- 150g double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 digestive biscuits
How To Make:
1. Grease and line an 18 x 25cm traybake tin
2. Hull, quarter and puree the strawberries then set aside.
3. Place the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and whisk to loosen.
4. Add the condensed milk, double cream and vanilla to the mixing bowl and whisk until thickened.
5. Pour the cream mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Spoon over the strawberry puree, stir gently to create a marbled effect.
7. Freeze the ice cream for at least 8 hours or until firm.
8. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
9. Use a cookie cutter, around 60 to 70cm diameter, to stamp out 6 circles of ice cream.
10. Sandwich each circle between two digestive biscuits.
11. Return the sandwiches to the freezer until ready to serve.
- The size of digestive biscuits does vary from brand to brand so use a cutter that matches the size of the biscuit you are using
- Why not try any of your favourite summer fruits- swap the strawberries for raspberry, blueberry or even a seasonal stone fruit, such as nectarine, for a fruity variation.
- For an even swifter alternative, roughly crumble the digestives fold into the ice cream along with the strawberries in step six.
A huge thank you to Elle Townsend for this lovely recipe! If you’re interested in seeing any of her other lovely makes then check out her instagram feed where she regularly posts the most incredible food!
Will you be making Elle’s sweet summer cup jellies? We’d LOVE to see if you give these a try, so don’t forget to #Trimcraft and tag @elle_jane_ when uploading to social media, and to share your yummy makes in the Inspiration area.