Do you ever have 6” x 6” papers and wonder how you’re going to use them on your larger card blanks? Here’s a really simple way to create a shaped card that is sure to delight its recipient!
Z Fold Cards are so easy to create - with just a few cuts and folds you can completely transform a card blank into this beautiful design that also folds flat to pop in the post!
You will Need
- Dovecraft Folkland 6” x 6” Paper Pad,
- Dovecraft Folkland Stamp and Die Set,
- Dovecraft Folkland Frames,
- Dovecraft Folkland Washi Tapes,
- Dovecraft Folkland Puffy Stickers,
- Dovecraft Folkland glitter dots,
- Scraps of Gold Glitter card, pink card and black Card,
- White 7” x 5” card blank,
- Craft Knife and Ruler, Trimmer or Scissors
How to Make:
1. Fold the front of the 7” x 5” card blank back on itself in half vertically.
2. Fold back to its original position and cut or trim 2 inches off the top the whole of the card. Flip the 2 inch strip over so that the new fold is on the opposite side to the card blank.
3. Take a sheet of the of the black and gold heart pattern paper and trim to 5” square and fit to the back panel of the card blank. Alternatively you can adhere the 6” paper to the card and trim the excess.
4. Cut a panel of the key patterned glittered paper to 2.5” x 5” and adhere to the front panel of the card (the panel that is folded back).
5. Fix a length of the beautiful foiled LOVE washi tape to the centre of the strip you removed from the top of the card blank and place a length of the floral design washi above and below it.
6. Fix the panel to the card to create the Z shape as shown below.
7. Fix the paper frame to the strip and place a heart puffy sticker from the Folkland collection in the centre.
8. Use the die set to cut three keys, one each from glitter card, pink card and black card and fix to the top left corner of the frame.
9. Add some glitter dots to the top right panel of the card to finish!
Have you tried making a Z Fold Card before, or have you been inspired to try one with Kathy’s tutorial? We’d love to see if you create your own, so don’t forget to tag @kathycraftstv and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.