Gift cards are the go-to present if you’re stuck on what to buy for a loved one but if you want to give it a personal touch, Claire is going to show you how to make your own secret holder that will really show how much you care in this week's Flashback!
What you Need
Simply Creative 12 x 12 Firest Fun Paper Pad
Dovecraft Perma Fix tape
First Edition Layering Topper Dies
A4 Dovecraft Glitter Card
How to Make
1. Cut a strip of your chosen card stock down to 12.5 x 2.5cm, wrap around your gift card making sure you have enough space to easily get the card out. Secure with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape.
2. Trim a matching piece of paper down to 17 x 10cm and score at 1cm and 9cms. Stick the card holder to the middle panel so the gift card sits flush with the top line. Glue the paper edges together at the 1cm fold and also add a bit of tape to the bottom of the wallet so it is only open at the top.
3. Take a contrasting piece of card and cut to 18 x 11cm, score at 1cm and 9.5cms, glue the wallet together by the 1cm flap but this time add a little tape to the top so only the bottom is open.
4. The gift can wallet should now slide into the larger wallet.
5. Use the First Edition 'Just For You' Layering Topper Dies with any A4 Dovercraft glitter card and stick to the front of your giftcard holder for an extra sparkle!
This gift card holder will be such a treat to open and the best part is, you can change up the design for your chosen occasion! How will you use Claire’s idea? We would love to see so don’t forget to #trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your crafts in the Inspiration area!