Welcome back! 2019 is here and we have so much crafty goodness to share with you. Christmas and New Year festivities are now over and we have our eyes set on the sweetest day of the year, Valentine’s Day!
This is a day for celebrating the love you have for family and friends and of course we want to help you make this day extra special. From cards, decorations and gift ideas we’ve got you covered and naturally we’ve put a handmade spin on it all.
We’ve also included these delightful free Valentine’s themed papers adorned with hearts, arrows and sweet sentiments to make things a little easier. Why not check out our free papers from previous years? There is so much choice and bonus inspiration!
Download your free papers 2019 here!
Download your free papers 2018 here!
Download your free papers 2017 here!
Let’s get on with the tutorial!
DIY Valentine’s Card.
Show your loved ones how much you care with a thoughtful handmade card. It’s so easy to create – just follow our step-by-step tutorial below!
What you will need:
- Dovecraft 6”x6” Card Blank
- The Free Paper Sentiments
- Love Heart Free Paper Design
- Dovecraft Double Sided tape
- Dot and Dab Foam Tape
How To Make:
1. Cut out a 6”x6” square from the love heart free paper.
2. Attach this to the 6”x6” card blank using double sided tape.
3. Cut out the “I ♥ YOU” sentiment from the sentiment free paper.
4. Attach this to the front of the card using Dot & Dab foam tape for extra dimension.
5. Finally finish the card with co-ordinating gems either side of the sentiment.
Now you have your own super sweet Valentine’s Day card perfect for giving to loved ones.
DIY Blooming Heart Decoration.
Flowers and heart decorations are everywhere on Valentine’s Day but we thought… why pick? We’ve combined both in this stunning Blooming Heart Decoration. This pretty decoration will ensure that your home has the look of love for Valentine’s Day and its super simple to make!
How To Make:
1. Cut a heart shape out of grey board. You can make this as big or as small as you like.
2. Print out a range of the free Valentine’s Day papers.
3. Using a heart punch, cut out lots of heart shapes from different papers.
4. Glue these to the grey board heart arranged by design.
5. Using a First Edition textured card in red, cut out another heart smaller than the grey board and attach to the middle of the grey board.
6. Cut out the love heart sentiment from the free papers and attach this to the textured card and you’re done!
Simply secure the decoration with a ribbon at the back so you can display your stunning creation easily and embellish with flowers for an added romantic touch!
Gift Ideas and DIY Gift Wrap.
Finally as promised, gift ideas! If you’re stuck for ideas, why not try the following…
Bath Bomb Goody Bag:
Everyone loves a good bath bomb so why not treat your friends and family to some. Use our Dovecraft cello bags and a sheet of our free papers to make a DIY goody bag. Simply tie with a ribbon and add our ‘You’re the bomb’ tag. We’ve put ours in a small hamper made of cardboard adorned with matching papers and ribbon.
Hand Wrapped Chocolates:
Whether they are store-bought or homemade, chocolates are the perfect gift. Why not spruce them up with the wrapping. Use a sheet of our free papers to create a gift sleeve and add our ‘Treats for my sweets’ gift tag with co-ordinating ribbon.
How will you use these fantastic, free Valentine’s Day papers? We would LOVE to see! Make sure to upload your makes to the Inspiration Area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media!
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.