If you make or buy your greetings cards well in advance of the occasion and you’re in need of somewhere to store them, our Greetings Card Organiser tutorial is here to help. With 12 helpful dividers, this project will allow you to store all of your stunning cards in preparation for the coming months, without the worry of forgetting where you’ve put them once made or bought!
Never forget to send a birthday card to a relative or friend again as the completed project will allow you to stow away 5”x7” and 6”x6” cards, and smaller, by date. Alternatively, you could file your cards by occasion, such as birthday, wedding, congratulations, anniversary, or thank you!
This is a simple craft that is perfect for anyone in need of a little more organisation in their lives, and our free template is here to help you on your way to creating this wonderful project.
Download your free template here
You will Need
Dovecraft A4 Cardstock
First Edition Wanderlust 12”x12” Paper Pad
Simply Creative Alphabet Stickers and Stamps
Dovecraft Perma-Fix Tape
How to Make
1. Using the template, cut the box shape to scale from Dovecraft card stock. Score along the score lines.
We’ve provided a separate template for the lid, which is optional. If you’d like your card holder to have a lid, using the template, cut the lid shape out of cardstock and adhere to the top of your box shape.
2. Fold your box and lid into shape, adhering together with double-sided tape as you go.
3. Cut the beautiful Wanderlust papers to fit each side of the box and adhere these. We opted for this stunning floral design for the sides of the box, and a complementing paper design for the box lid.
4. Cut twelve 17cm square pieces of paper from the Wanderlust papers, one for each month. Stamp the months onto each piece of paper.
5. Place the twelve pieces of paper inside your box.
6.Adhere Simply Creative alphabet stickers to the card lid to spell out the word ‘cards’.
You now have your finished card storage box ready to add your stash of greetings cards in preparation for the coming year of celebrations! What’s great about this box is that it can be used year after year, so you’ll always have somewhere to store handmade cards as you create them.
This creative decorative box will look great on your desk or worktop, or it would make a wonderful gift for someone looking to get organised in the New Year!
We’d love to see your card storage boxes using our template and tutorial, so don’t forget to #trimcraft when sharing on social media and to share your makes in the Inspiration area.