As we wave goodbye to winter it's time to start embracing lots of bright colours for Spring!
Today we're going to be showing you how to create a paper flower wreath, a project that will really brighten up your home. Featuring flowers that will stay in bloom all year round, this wreath is so easy to create. For the centre of each flower we also placed a delicious chocolaty treat, making this DIY project perfect for Easter!
Download your free template here
We’re not sure that there’s any better combination that chocolate and crafting! Read on to find out how Maxine created this colourful wreath…
You will Need
Dovecraft A4 Coloured Cardstock, Perma-Fix Tape, Ribbon
Fiskars Circle Punch
Ferrero Rocher (or other sweet treats of your choice)
How to Make
1. Print the template and cut out a selection of petals and leaves.
2. Cut a slit in the bottom of each petal shape, add Perma-Fix tape and then overlap the ends together, adhering them as you go.
3. Curl the paper to create a petal shape.
4. Cut or punch a circle and add Perma-Fix tape to one side of it. Layer five or six large petals around it and then layer smaller petals in the centre. You can also make some smaller flowers by using the two smaller petal sizes from the template. Repeat until you have enough flowers to cover your chosen wreath size, in a variety of colours to suit your colour-scheme.
5. Cut a large circle from the grey board and remove the centre of this to create a wreath.
6. Using the template, cut a number of leaf shapes out in a variety of green-coloured cardstock and adhere these to the wreath.
7.Using the Fiskars Punch, create a hole in the top of the wreath for hanging.
8.Cut some green strips of card stock, curl around a pencil, and adhere to the wreath by one end.
9. Adhere your flowers to the wreath.
10. Fill each flower with a chocolate, securing it with Perma-Fix tape.
11. You can now thread ribbon through the hole in the top of the wreath in order to hang it around your home.
Your wreath is now complete, perfect for brightening up your home! If you’re not a fan of sweet treats, you can leave the chocolates out for a spring flower wreath that will be blooming all year round!
Will you be creating our chocolate paper flower wreath? We’d love to see, so don’t forget to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.