The holiday devoted to yummy chocolates and flowers is just around the corner so to prepare you for the most romantic time of year, we have released this stunning Valentine’s day paper download that will make anyone swoon!
Adorned with a floral, heart and flamingo patterns, these papers are to die for! Better yet, this download also includes papers filled with sentiments to really help you convey how you feel on your handmade projects!
(How cute is this heart shaped flamingo paper design!)
Download your Free Valentine’s Day Papers Here
Valentine's Day Jar Keepsake
What you Need
- Dovecraft Heart Die Set
- Tag die
- First Edition Textured Card Stock
- A Glass Jar
How to Make
1. Begin by cutting a 6cm wide strip of pink card stock from the First Edition Textured Card Stock pad. Ensure it is long enough to fit around your jar.
TIP - If your strip isn’t long enough, cut two 6cm wide strips and adhere the two together.
2. Next, cut your chosen paper design from the free paper download down to 5cm wide and adhere it to the centre of your strip.
3. Wrap your strip around the jar and use Dovecraft Perma Fix tape to adhere the edges together.
4. Die cut the Dovecraft Tag die on to a piece of pink card from the First Edition Texture Card Stock pad.
5. Next die cut the Dovecraft Heart die onto a complementing paper design from your free paper download and adhere to the centre of your tag with 3D foam pads. Thread through a length of Dovecraft twine and tie it around the top of your jar.
6. Take the smallest die from the Dovecraft Hearts die set and die cut a selection of hearts on to pink card. Adhere these along the top of your jar, underneath the ridge, with 3D foam pads.
7. Either use the largest heart within your Dovecraft die set or hand cut a selection of hearts on to pink card. Write on each heart what you love about your partner or things you would love to do together throughout the year, it’s up to you! Fold each heart in half and add it to your jar.
This thoughtful handmade gift will really make your partner feel special this Valentine’s day!
Alternatively you could create a matching card and gift tag to finish off your present! Maxine has used the hot pink paper designs from the free download for her card. She has layered them together and added a stamped sentiment to the centre to really make it pop!
To add interest to her tag design, Maxine has used one of the Dovecraft heart dies to create a selection of apertures on her paper design and has added a sheet of pink card to the back of her paper. She has finished by layering it on to a tag shape, adding pearls and threading through a length of ribbon.
Maxine has also created a little booklet by adhering a selection of envelopes together. She has adhered complementing paper designs from the free download to each side and added die cut embellsihments to the the front.
She has then created small tags to go inside the pockets, perfect for writing heartfelt messages!
How will you use these free, fabulous Valentine's day papers? We would love to see! Make sure to upload your makes to the inspiration area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media!