Itching to try a new card shape? We've got you covered! Create this stunning slider card using the mesmerising Storyteller papers and our free template! Read on to find out how to make your own...
Download Your Free Slider Card Template Here
You Will Need:
- Free Printable Template
- First Edition 8x8 Story Teller Paper Pad
- First Edition Nesting Circle Dies
- Simply Creative Gems
- Dovecraft Clear stamps - Friends, Flowers
- Dovecraft Die sets – Butterfly, Flowers, Flowers and Leaves
- Dovecraft 5x7 Card Blank
How to Make:
1. Print off the free template, cut and score a piece of your chosen First Edition 8x8 paper design as shown on the template.
TRIMCRAFT TIP: The card stock we have used for this section is thick enough to be used on its own. If your chosen cardstock is thinner you may need to glue two sheets together to add more strength.
2. Use a circle punch to make a half circle tab shape at the top of your card design.
3. Cut your Dovecraft 5x7 card blank in half, layer a piece of plain paper from your First Edition Storyteller pad onto this. Use the circle punch to create another half circle tab at the top of this sheet.
4. Using the other section of the Dovecraft card blank, cut a 15.7cm x 9.5cm strip and layer a piece of Story teller paper design to this piece, ensuring it is not a highly patterned design.
TRIMCRAFT TIP: Use a contrasting colour to the other backing section to add interest.
5. Add Dovecraft Perma Fix tape to the back of the 2cm horizontal strip on your card design. Adhere the 15.7cm x 9.5cm strip to the back of this strip, making sure the paper is adhered to the centre of the strip.
6. Add Dovecraft Perma Fix tape along the right and left hand side of your Storyteller card design. Adhere the coloured card you created on step 3, to the back of your storyteller design, ensuring the colour side is facing the front.
7. Pull the slider up and stamp the Dovecraft, ‘Good friends are hard to find’ stamp design towards the top. Leave to dry.
8. Stamp the Dovecraft ‘If friends were flowers’ stamp on the inside of your card design, in the centre.
TRIMCRAFT TIP: Ensure that the stamp designs are printed the right way on your card.
9. Cut an 11cm x 8cm piece of Storyteller paper, ensuring it is the same design used for the main section of your card. Use the circle punch once more to cut the corners.
10. Die cut the 3rd smallest circle from the First Edition Nesting Circle dies on to a complementing Storyteller paper design. Adhere this with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape to the piece of card.
11. Adhere the topper to the slider section, above the 2cm wide folded strip, with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape .Embellish your card strip by die cutting the Dovecraft Butterfly and Flowers dies on to coordinating sheets of Storyteller paper. Stick your die cuts with 3D foam pads to add dimension.
12. Finish your slider card design by adding Simply Creative gems to your butterfly and flower die cuts.
This slider card design is so elegant and classy! Better yet, you can use this shape for a variety of occasions, simply change your paper design and away you go! Maxine has also decorated an envelope with the Storyteller papers to match, how cute!
We would love to see your slider card designs so remember to upload them to the Inspiration Area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media.
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.